Sentence Prompt No. 81

Sentence Prompt: "Hold still!"
Dean x Reader

Dean POV

"Ow! Jesus Christ." (Y/n) yelled.

"Sorry! I'm sorry, but I have to get that bullet out." I told her. I leaned forward and kissed her gently on the nose and went back to work. (y/n) had gotten shot, not even by a monster, but by a witness who we spooked on accident. Bullet hadn't managed to get all the way through her shoulder, so I, being the boyfriend, had to dig it out. Not that I minded, not much. It just hurt me to see her in pain, and for me to be causing some of it. "Just, try to hold still. I don't want to have to be hurting you for longer than I have to." I muttered.

"Dee, sweetheart, this isn't your fault." (y/n) said, taking my face in her right hand.

"If I hadn't dragged you to that guy's house, you wouldn't have a bullet in you right now, and I wouldn't be digging it out and causing all those little whimpers you're trying to hide." I almost whispered.

"Dean, stop for one second." (y/n) demanded, probably referring to me digging the bullet out. "Dee, stop and look at me." she said, softer this time. Slowly, I obliged. "Do you really think I would have let you go there without me? Sammy's better at research than either of the two of us, we both know that. He was elbow-deep in his laptop at that coffee shop down the street when we left. I just love to give you a hard time, but it's not your fault that I was there." (y/n) placed a gentle hand on my cheek. "So let's just get this little hunk of metal out of my shoulder so I can add that little knotty scar that'll come once this heals to my ever-growing collection, yeah?" (y/n) asked, her eyes twinkling, hiding undertones of pain. I smiled, and kissed (y/n)'s nose again before returning to her shoulder.

"Hey, guys, I finally gathered some useful info on our- Guys, what the hell happened to you?"

"Heyyyy, Sammy." (y/n) said, her tone suddenly sheepish.

"(y/n), would you like to explain the fact that my brother is having to dig around in your bloody shoulder for what I assume is a bullet?" Sam asked, his voice deadly calm.

"Yeah, well, I accidentally spooked that witness we went to question. Shot me and the bullet made a grand entrance and then decided that, instead of just heading through, it would stay a while. So Dean's gotta get it out and stitch me up."

"Well, I guess that's better than it making a home in your heart." Sam said. I could hear through the sarcasm the fear of losing her. (y/n) may be my girlfriend, but she was like a sister to Sam.

"Sam, hon, I'm alright." (y/n) assured him, hearing the same fear in his voice that I did. Despite being six years younger than I was, so two younger than Sam, she always managed to calm him like an older sister would.

"Got it!" I exclaimed, triumphantly pulling out a small, bloody piece of metal. (y/n) held her palm out, and I dropped the bullet into it.

"Well that's that, I guess." (y/n) chuckled. "You two wanna get dinner once I'm all stitched and bandaged up?" she asked. Sam and I both grinned.

"Sure." I said, chuckling myself.

"I'm going to put on a fresh shirt and then we'll head out." Sam said, kissing the top of (y/n)'s head as he walked over to his side of the room.

"See, I'm tougher than I look." (y/n) said, turning her face up to mine.

"Yeah, well stop trying to prove it. You're making me nervous." I said, pressing a kiss to her lips. "I love you."

"I love you more, Dee."

theEArs here is the next one! I think the list is winding down, but I think I may have some ideas up my lil sleeves for once I finish the last several! Hope you enjoy this one!
Peace out and lots of love,
Kat❤️