Sentence Prompt No. 72

Sentence Prompt 72: "Just smile, I really need to see you smile right now."

Deanxreader

(y/n) POV

I had finally settled myself in the library, all of my research and lore books spread out, when I heard the bunker door slam just as I was about to put in my earbuds.

"Dean? That you?" I called, setting my earbuds on the table next to my phone. No answer. I stood from the table and walked out of the library and came face to face with Dean at the foot of the stairs. I immediately knew something wasn't right. "Baby, what's going on?" I asked. I knew Sam was alright because he was in the bunker with me, sound asleep. I'd checked on him five minutes ago. "Dean, sweetheart, talk to me." I pleaded gently.

"Could you just smile? I really need to see you smile right now." In spite of how scared I was, I smiled at Dean involuntarily. I didn't think I'd ever had anybody come home and immediately need to see my smile. As quickly as it had come, though, my smile died.

"Dean, did something happen on the hunt with Jody? Is everyone in Sioux Falls alright?" I asked. I was starting to panic.

"They're all okay. But the little girl isn't." Dean managed. He was holding back tears.

"Oh, Dean." I murmured. Dean had gone to Sioux Falls because young girls were going missing and turning up brutally ripped apart. Sam and I had a pressing case, so Dean had gone to help Jody and the girls. On his way there, another girl had gone missing. And apparently, though they'd killed the thing, it hadn't been quickly enough. "I'm so sorry, love." I pulled him down to me for a hug and Dean finally began to cry, going limp in my arms. We sank down to the ground, Dean crying and myself starting to. We stayed like that for nearly half an hour until we quieted.

"Thank you." Dean said softly into my shoulder.

"You never need to thank me, Dean. Ever." I answered immediately.

"I'm still gonna." Dean murmured, chuckling slightly. "I love you."

"I love you too, baby." I said. "So much."

A/N: Hella short and pretty mediocre but it's so fluffy wow and also SAD WHY CANT I WRITE HAPPY THINGS but here you are theEArs I hope you love! Next one is coming

Peace out and lots of love,
Kat❤️