twenty two.

────────────

~ authors pov ~

"taehyung?" you said to the boy who was sitting right in front of the closet with tears streaming down his face.

he turned his head without looking you directly in the eye. he tried to swallow back his tears as you approached him, but a tear or two had slipped down without him knowing.

you sat down next to him. "look i'm sorry taehyung. i didn't know you were here"

he he scooted away as you got closer and looked back down to the hands in his lap as he began to start fidgeting.

"tae-" you said putting your hand on his knee as a sign of comfort.

he pushed your hand off of his knee.
"don't pity me." he said looking straight into your eyes.

he began to stand up, in which you tried to grab his hand to prevent him. he quickly pulled his hand out of your grasp and started walking away.

shocked by his sudden actions, you stood up and began following him, trying to get his attention.

you called after him, but he just continued walking on and on.

"ae! hey!" your friend becca said coming up to you and pulling you into a hug.

"oh my god becca? you're here? wae?" you asked in confusion as she was 9,000km away from los angeles.

"just to visit you and an old friend" she said smiling brightly.

becca was from california. you and her had talked for many months before hand as you were internet friends. she had previously gone to high school with joshua, until he moved to seoul.

"yah why didn't you tell me?"

"i wanted it to be a surprise" she said with a small giggle afterwards.

"hey i'm so happy you're here! but im so so sorry i have to go. let's talk later okay?" you said anxiously as you needed to talk to taehyung.

"yeah that's fine! i'll go find joshua! byee" she said pulling you into another hug.

although it was a huge deal that she was here, you found it more important to talk to taehyung before you couldn't do so anymore.

"where could he be?" you asked yourself repeatedly, until you remembered that he also loved the school garden just as much as you.

you made your way down the halls and opened the door to the garden without hesitation, revealing a taehyung with red puffy eyes and tear-drenched clothing.

"taehyung, please. let me explain"

he looked at you as if he clearly wanted you to leave then and there. but after a few seconds of you staring pleadingly into his eyes, he patted the seat next to him. you smiled and sat down.

"look taehyung, my dad found out about us, you, lying," you began turning to your side to face him and wrapping your hands in his "and he told me to stay away from you. to avoid any interaction with you because he thought you were a bad influence. im so sorry."

"but why did you do it? why jungkook" he asked with a thick layer of gloss covering his eyes.

you took a deep breath, "i don't quite know why i listened to my father. i should've just went to you first, and not jungkook. i only went with jungkook because i figured if i couldn't have you, i could at least have jungkook- right? i was wrong. i realized during that whole time in the closet, i only wanted to be with you. i couldn't stop thinking about you. i couldn't hurt you even more."

his eyes looked back up, directly into your eyes. his smile spread from corner to corner. he pulled you into a hug and kissed you on the cheek. shocked by his actions, you still hugged back.

"i knew i couldn't live without you for much longer."

────────────