Chapter 12

Hermione 'S Pov

Oh my, I can't believe that I said yes to dance with Malfoy. A Slytherin slimy little snake who thinks he is better than everyone else Malfoy.

OK. Snap out of it. It's just a dance. You will talk courteously and then it's done. No strings attached. Awesome.

Oh. My. God. What I was thinking. I take a deep breath. And look at Parvati who looks at me like I grew three heads.
"I wasn't paying attention. I was shocked. I said anything to make him go away. " I tell Parvati. Though I feel like I was confounded. But I know I wasn't.

"It's okay. Let's get you a drink. So the dance with Malfoy is bearable. "

"Yeah. But just a drink. "

We go to a bar I asked for firewhiskey and Parvati asked for double shots of elixir drink that's a gag drink make everything numb. Like rum of muggle world.

We take it. And we drink it as soon as we could. Soon the song Tell me why starts playing.

The first stanza goes,
"I took a chance, I took a shot
And you might think I'm bulletproof, but I'm not
You took a swing, I took it hard
And down here from the ground I see who you are"

Malfoy comes and nods his head. Taking my hand we start dancing the waltz. It's really weird because everyone is smiling and we are not even talking. So I start asking questions.
I ask, "Do you like this song? "

"Yeah. It's adequate enough. " He replies.

"Ok. Good to know. "
I said little bit short tempered.

There was silence.

"Come on you don't have anything to talk about. Anything? "

"Well, why should I when everything I say you will take the opposite meaning of it. "

"Oh. I don't," I replied hotly. "If anything you are the one who doesn't try. You did same with Cormac and you never will change. And won't let make other people make things better. Do you deny that you fire Cormac from his job? " I don't know why I said that. Maybe its because he was judging me. And without even thinking how his actions have consequences.

" Oh. Yeah. You wouldn't even listen. You will walk around with your Hollier than thou attitude and won't care about the whole story. You were saying something about Mclaggen right? "He said and after a brief pause coming closer. We looked at each other. He was coming closer. I just couldn't look away. I hate myself looking in the eyes of someone who just think about himself. Suddenly the song changed.

He came close to me and said, "Well if you just don't willfully misunderstand people then you would listen to me. "

"I willfully misunderstand!!? And judge people. That must be me who torture 11-year-olds because they didn't have magical parents."

"I am sorry for all that crazy stuff. But you can't just keep throwing my past in my face. " With that, he left dancing floor.

The last stanza plays and the song comes to an end
"Here's to you and your temper
Yes, I remember what you said last night
And I know that you see what you're doing to me
Tell me why
Why tell me why

I take a step back, let you go
I told you I'm not bulletproof
Now you know"

I just stood on the dancing floor feeling regret?

I don't know why I would feel regret. I mean why should I? I didn't do anything wrong. It's just crazy that Malfoy would think I am willfully trying to misunderstand everyone. And it's so ironic coming from the person who used call racial slurs at me because I didn't have magical parents. After remembering all that torture and bullying he did to me. All the crazy things he said. All the curses he spelt at me. I finally get rid of that regret feeling.

I am just left with anger, exasperation. I don't know why it affects me so but it does. I go to a bar. And look at the menu there are a variety of cocktails. But my eyes skim to shots. And crazily enough Malfoy pushed all my buttons and I just wanna forget. I see lavender who waves at me and comes to bar. With a super small red dress and her hair in beachy waves, she looks like she is gonna hit some muggle party. She has this smokey eyes. I am pretty sure she copied from muggle singer. Maybe captain hook I giggle. I smile at Lavender.

"Hey, Herms you look like you are in serious need of some fun". She screams at me.

Instead of saying no. Like a good girl I should. I see Malfoy smirking at me. And in a moment of insanity, I say, " You know what. Yeah, I need some fun but most important shots. You in?"

Lavender look bewildered but takes it in stride. "Shots" She shouts. It is a magical bar there is no need for bartender. We just have to say the drink we want.

I smile and say, " 2 shots of Razzy Concoction, please. "

I smirk at Malfoy and gulp it. I see him raising his eyebrow. And I am like disapprove whatever you want.

With my throat burning and I look around and see Luna and Blaise dancing and sometimes doing some weird steps. I see Harry and Ginny swaying to the music.

I see Ron coming towards me. As to avoid another crazy dance So with a smile I look at lavender and we both try to find Parvati and we all hit the dance floor.

The new song is really fast and we do crazy groovy steps. And giggle at each other random awkward poses. The song is
She is kinda hot. After 3 more dance. I leave the floor liberated laughing and tired. Soon the night comes to an end. I just keep thinking what's gonna happen tomorrow. And how I don't want to face Malfoy again