Chapter 18

Author a note -Guess who is back? I have come back more times can I could count but its quarantine so hopefully you will get updates regularly. Every Sunday or Saturday. Please review and vote. This chapter is edited by wonderful and amazing  @DramioneTheOnly13 Thank you so much

Chapter 18

Hermione s POV

It seems like I'm cursed. I had two months free of Draco Malfoy, and now here he is in a suit, looking like he saw a ghost or Voldemort came back to alive to give him a hug. And why did I have to wear a red dress, out of everything I have with me? The different hues of beige and blues which I could have worn, I think wistfully. He just keeps staring. Well, I am a Gryffindor. I won't let him intimidate me. I glare back at him.

"Oh, Hermione, I know you are taken by the splendor of this majestic Greengrass manor, but you have to greet Lady Greengrass," Ron breaks the glare competition. "Lady Greengrass, may I present to you, miss Hermione Granger," Ron says with a bow. In our glare competition, we seemed to have missed the greetings and forgotten to look around the room. What's happening to my concentration? I see that the room is filled with schemes of red and gold. Instead of it being warm like the Gryffindor common room, however, it is filled with flashy monuments and rubies. There is the worst mirror I have seen in my life filled with ruby on every possible frame in the shape of an apple. I see Ron flailing his hands to bring back attention to Lady Greengrass

I can't help but smile at the antics he is up to. I turn to see a pretty woman around middle age with a narrow face and a big blonde hairdo without a single hair misplaced. It seems like she is wearing a crown. She is in a throne kind of chair which gives one the view of the whole room. It's gold and filled with rubies for decoration. It looks really uncomfortable to sit in. I smile and say, "It's nice to meet you, Lady Greengrass. I heard a lot about you." I see a tall guy behind Malfoy with brown hair holding back a laugh. I weirdly feel like I know him.

"It's interesting to meet the supposed brightest witch of age You must know my daughters dear friend Draco Malfoy, and when he saved my daughter Astoria, he became like my family to us. This is my nephew Adrian Pucey. He was in Slytherin a few years above you, I believe. But I know you and Malfoy were in the same class," Lady Greengrass says while introducing the brown-haired gentleman

Adrian looks at me and nods. "It's lovely to meet you again, Miss Granger. You are as beautiful as you are intelligent," He says with a smile.

I blush and smile at the charming man, "It's a pleasure to meet you too." We start talking about our respective jobs. I find out that Adrian is an Auror who mainly works on international cases. He is charming and I am enjoying our conversation

I see Malfoy coming near us as others are taking seats at the sofas and chairs. He looms near us, nods, and impassively asks, "I hope you are in good health." After I reply affirmatively, he takes a seat in the chair and keeps staring at us.

I try to avoid him and keep my attention at Adrian and his story about how he was camping once and pranked his friends in trying out making marshmallows, and they ended up burning down the whole camp. But I can't resist asking him when there is a break in the conversation, "Might I ask you a question that has been puzzling me for a while?"

"Yes. It might be my honor to find what I know that you brightest witch don't."

"Why does Malfoy keeps staring at me? I know there are many faults in me but I don't need so much time."

"I don't think he is starting to find faults" Was Adrian's reply. As I was about to counter the statement. Lady Greengrass asks, "I hear you own a bookstore, Miss Granger. Why did you waste your good grades to own a small bookstore?"

"I just had the dream of a small bookstore ever since I started reading. I thought that I have only one life so why not fulfill that dream," was my reply.

"You don't have ambition, Miss Granger; I firmly believe one shouldn't settle because they don't want to apply themselves. I myself take care of assigning all the people to make sure my company reaches heights. One in our life is only here to take the decision. The best art is getting things done by others," Lady Greengrass says snottily.

Ron agrees with her saying, "Oh, you are completely right. We have the magic to make sure we don't have to use our hands. Even I know that people like me are more important than the quidditch players. Because without me nobody would come to see me. It's a great responsibility"

"That might all be true, but you all are rendered helpless without others. It's them who are carrying out the real work. Even though they are working for you they are vital for your success," I say with a polite smile.

"It seems to me that you give your opinions too decidedly for someone of your age," was Lady Greengrass's reply.

"It's because of all the books, Lady Greengrass from my little endeavor!" I say with a smirk. I see Adrian laugh.

Soon we were called for dinner. After dinner, we all come back to the living room, and wine is given around. I see Malfoy coming near me, "I hope you won't drink too much again this time, Granger," he quips with a smirk.

"Oh, that was one-time occurrence Malfoy," I reply, my face turning the same color as my dress.

"Good, because I would hate to see you take off Adrian's tie," Malfoy said, leaning down and staring in my eyes.

I fumble for words, trying to find out what is this about, trying to form a coherent thought that is not related to the golden specks in Draco's eyes. Remember, Hermione, what he did to Luna and Cormac and werewolves. He is Draco Malfoy with blond hair, evil incarnate who has bullied you your whole school life and caused you so much pain. You won't flirt with him; you won't blush. He is evil. So stop thinking about blues and greens in his eye!

"What are you talking about, I must take my part in the conversation," Lady Greengrass questions, breaking my thoughts apart.

"Nothing," is Malfoy's quick reply.

Soon we are going back to Gryff, and all I can think of is Draco's eyes. I think I will need to get some holy water to get these evil thoughts out of my mind!