12

I walk outside and to my surprise I see that it's dark. (I must've been out for a while.) I walk right by Razor, he just throws up one hand in a casual gesture of hello and I keep walking. I walk to the top of a big sand dune nearby and I sit down and look up at the sky; looking up at the night sky on top of the house in Sandtown was always my favorite thing to do. Back when I didn't have to worry about going crazy and killing anyone.

"I thought I'd find you up here."

I shoot up from the sand and whirl around lashing out with a punch. After my punch connects I realize who I hit.

"OW! Geeze what was that for?!" Erde says while unhappily rubbing the side of his face.

"OH MY GOSH! I'm so sorry Erde, I didn't know it was you!" I pause when a realization hits me "Wait, why are you here?"

"To be abused apparently." Erde jokes.

"Sorry, you know I punch when I'm surprised, but seriously Rocky, why'd you come all the way out here? I thought you needed to stay in the oasis because of the jewel of life or whatever." I say while putting my hands on my hips.

"Oh you're talking bout Anzo. Eh don't worry about him, I caught him in a sand trap on the outskirts of the oasis, he ain't going anywhere." Erde replies with a smirk.

"As much as I love to hear that punk got what he deserved, you only answered part of my question." I say.

"That's an easy question; I came here for you." Erde says.

"Y-you came all the way out here for me?"

Erde walks over to me and smiles. For a second the moonlight catches his eyes and makes them glow jade green, it reminds me of the time we first met.

He puts his hand on my cheek "Baby I'd go anywhere if it meant I got to be with you."

I smile and he gives me a hug. For a moment I feel at peace, but soon my anxiety comes back. I pull away from Erde and flop onto the sand. I tuck my knees up to my chin and sit there.

Erde sits down beside me. "Azula? What's wrong?"

"I'm a monster Erde!" I exclaim "I almost killed Anzo, I attacked my friends and almost hurt them, I actually hurt you!" By this time I'm crying and I can't even see straight because of all the tears in my eyes.

Erde puts his hand on my shoulder causing me to look up at him. He gently reaches over and wipes the tears out of my eyes. "Hey don't cry Azula, you punch me all the time, I'm fine."

"B-but I d-don't want to hurt anyone else." I sniffle.

Erde pulls me to him and he rests my head on his shoulder. "I know what I signed up for when I started dating you. The same goes for your friends, they know how dangerous this mission is, but they don't care what happens to them because they all care about you. I love you, don't forget that." He kisses me on the forehead and he wraps me into a hug.

We sat there like that for a long time. My head resting on his shoulder and his head resting against mine. Sitting there with the love of my life made me feel so relaxed, it made me feel like everything was ok, in this moment I am truly happy.

~~~~~~~~~
Heyyy!!

I hope I didn't keep you waiting very long! The good thing about being a senior in high school is that you get to skip school on senior skip days, which was today, so I took this opportunity to write another chapter.

I hope it was good!! Please leave me a vote or comment if you liked!

See you guys later! 😘

🕸Thwip🕸
ScarletApollo99 🕷