Part 12

It was evening when Sanskar returned home along with Uttara. As he opened the door, he noticed she was not sitting on his spot.

He assumed that she would be in the room, so he went to his room finding it empty, he thought she would be in the kitchen, so he took off his shirt, and took fresh pair of clothes from the cupboard and went up to the washroom.

As he entered inside "what the fuck?" He turned around.

"I m sorry, I didn't know you were in here" Swara was there in the bathroom and she forgot to lock the door.

"Fuck! I forgot to lock the door! Have you seen anything?" She closed her eyes while asking him and both were facing the opposite direction.

"No" both sighed. "you?" Sanskar asked her, looking at himself shirtless.

"You, I mean no. I didn't"

"Okay" he sighed again.

"Sanskar?"

"What now?"

"Will you please go? I need to complete my shower" she asked in embarrassment.

"Ohh shit!" He felt awkward and left immediately mumbling a "sorry"

After 10 minutes Swara came out, Sanskar saw her and turned his face in embarrassment.

"I..I.. didn't come... intentionally. I didn't know"he started but was cut by Swara
"I understand Sanskar, it was my fault to keep the door unlocked. You don't have to be sorry. You're my husband, you should not .."

"That time I was your boyfriend, or your enemy or whatever. I had seen you that day but that doesn't mean I will do it again without permission or this way." He left for his shower.

Swara wiped the tears welled up in her eyes and sat down. She made herself busy with her laptop. He came out after the shower and left the room.

He went to the kitchen, to make dinner for everyone, but it was already prepared. Uttara came there to take water.

"Uttara why did you cook? That too so soon?"

"I didn't Bhai, I came just now to drink water."

"You didn't cook, Nikhil can't cook..

"Offo Bhai! Swara, she must have, why are you so upset about it." She shrugged her head and left.

He came back to the room. "you don't need to do this"she looks at him with 'what expression'

"Cooking. You don't have to cook for everyone and please don't mess with my kitchen."

"I thought to make your work easy. You and Uttara work and come home so even I have some responsibility of taking care."

"No need. I will manage my family. You don't need to."

"I m a part of this family and your wife. So it becomes my responsibility to take care of you."

"Stop this! I didn't get you to do my work. Remember that I don't want a wife to look after me like a baby.  I don't need a maid in my wife. I can manage myself. Get that clear in your mind." 

"Okay fine. I will not. Please don't get mad at me for this and don't get angry. Just calm down."

He was quiet and looked at her for sometime and left. Nikhil and Uttara had their dinner in their room. Swara waited for Sanskar to come back from the gym but he didn't return for hours.

She looked at the gym. He was sitting there meditating  So she went back to their room and distracted herself in writing. He came back to his room and glared at Swara on the floor, Swara looked at him with a smile.

"What?" He frowned.

"What I did now?"

"Stop smiling"

"What to do? If the most handsome man is standing in front of me, I can at least give him a sheepish smile, as it is he is akdu and khadoos"

"Achaa toh I m akdu? Khadoos?"

"Then what? Which husband shouts at his wife for cooking food for him? Huh? Tell me?" She twitched her nose.

"Okay baba, I m sorry. Do whatever you want to do from tomorrow" he crossed his arms.

"Really?" She asks like one small child and Sanskar nods in a yes.

"Chalo now, let's eat, I m hungry."

"Then why you didn't eat?"

"I was waiting for you"

"Please don't.. " before he could complete she pulls him.

"Chalo ab"

After dinner, they came back to their room. Sanskar directly walked to his side of the bed while Swara sat down and worked on her laptop. He turned to see her and rolled his eyes seeing her work.
***

Her pov
He spoke coldly yet nicely with me today. He is very much concerned about me. If at this pace he continues to be with me. I will solve all my issues with him and we can stay happy. Please God, please solve my issues with him. I know I hurt him badly but I will do whatever it takes to stay with him. He was always hurt by everyone. No one stood by him when he needed them the most.

***
His pov
I spoke to her nicely but no I should be angry with her. I can't fall in her trap again. I should not give her any chance to make me feel vulnerable. I should punish her. I shouldn't be concerned about her. Let her do anything but you have to stay strong, no feeling bad for her.

One time I feel like I m guilty and she's not supposed to be punished. But the other side of me reminds me what she did with me. I can't forgive her so easily also. No I can't show her that I m falling weak.

I saw sitting with her laptop again and I turned back to sleep.
***

His pov

After a short nap, I got up to use the washroom. I walked sleepily towards the washroom then knocked remembering the night's incident and then not getting a sound from inside I got in.

I came out and looked on the bed and didn't find her. I looked on the floor there also she wasn't there. I saw the balcony opened and she was standing there breathing heavily.

I walked up to her and touched her shoulder, with that she jerked in shock and turned.

"Relax, it's me."

She was sweating. Completely drenched in sweat, she was still breathing heavily.

"What happened? Why are you scared?"

"N.. nothing... I was feeling hot." She replied yet scared.

"Come inside. I'll lower the temperature of the AC."

She didn't open her mouth later. She sat quietly on the bed. I was not satisfied with her answer. I was feeling that she was lying, but didn't want to ask her further.

I looked at the clock it was 4:30 am. Its almost my working out time. I went over to the washroom again and then to the gym. But before I left the room, I saw her weeping silently.
***
Thanks for reading. Please vote. It only takes a second to tap that 🌟. Do comment. If any requests please feel free to dm.