showering

two days after getting back from the hospital evan was faced with a problem.

he needed to shower.

"jared?" hed said after about half an hour of convincing himself, "can you do me a favor?" jared immeidately flipped his book closed and looked up.

"yes, thank you for asking i do not feel like doing this work right now." he said, shoving his homework off the desk and looking to evan, flopping down as to not strain his neck even though he was in the chair "whats up, how can i help?"

"uhm, well-you see," he laughed nervously, but thankfully jared understood.

"you hafta shower." he noted, and evan nodded, going red. "no problem dude. you still have that paper on how to do it without fucking your leg up?" evan nodded again, having read the entire packet. "alright, ill meet you in there." jared said, standing.

evan wheeled away toward the bathroom, worrying about how jared would go about this.

all his stuff was already there, as he was one of two centaurs in his building, and the other was on another floor so he had this shower to himself.

what he couldnt do, was get over the thing on the floor the door slides on, so he sat, naked and blocked from his goal.

jared then walked in, clad in a swim suit and a grin that slightly worried evan.

"alright, first up," he grabbed the handles of the wheelchair and got evan over the slider rail and into position.

it surprised evan jared knew what he needed to do, but he rose out of the chair nonetheless, landing heavily on the one front leg that could bear weight.

the other was braced, with the actual break sporting a small cast.

jared took the chair out of the shower, grabbing a sheet of plastic and saran wrapped the cast, moving around evan with ease.

"what i dont know, is how to work this shower." evan turned a knob and the shower head turned on, freezing cold.

evan was used to it starting like that, but jared was not and shrieked, ducking out of the spray and glaring at evan, who was muffling giggles, forgetting how much he hated his body on that moment.

once the water turned warmer jared unhooked a shower head and began spraying evan down.

he got evan back for the cold water by sliding under him and rinsing the horse halfs stomach and chest.

"i deserved that." evan muttered after squeaking quite loudly, grabbing the correct bottle and washing his hair.

"which one for the horse half?" jared asked, sweeping an arm over the shelf full of bottles.

"the big one." evan pointed accurately despite having his eyes closed bc soap. he was a bit overdue for a deep clean for his coat, as those took a lot of ugh to do so mostly hed focus on the human half and just rinse the rest

for the most part it was quiet, save for the water and slight humming from evan, who was thuroughly enjoying not having to extert so much effort, plus jareds hand felt good against his coat

does evan have a hair kink

the world may never know

anyway, in the time it took evans leg to heal, about three months, jared learned how evan showers.

as creepy as it sounds, he learned the cycle of which half to wash and with what and how often.

without even thinking about it jared had the schedule memorized, as well as the brands of soaps evan preffered as well as the tools used to get the dirt out bc he gets pushed over daily and the dirt sticks.

it took about three weeks for jared to start predicting when evan would approach him awkwardly and ask for help, and to save time hed come to evan himself, usually as evan was phsyking himself up to ask.

then, when evans leg healed enough to hold weight with ease, jared immediately assumed evan wouldnt want his help.

in reality, evan did. showering wasnt the same without jared(christ on a boat that sounds so wrong), and the next time he had to deep clean his coat it was so dissatisfying.

he returned to the dorm with a pj shirt on and only semi dry, not dripping but not dry, outwardly uncomfortable.

he didnt want to need jareds help, he would look too needy if he asked for help again. he can shower alone, so he will.

jared is not an idiot in the area of how evans feeling, and he noticed the drop off of smiling evan after he came back from showering.

he didnt decide on doing something about it until it came time for the next deep clean, and just as evan was about to leave he said,

"want some help?" it was three little words, but it sent a flood of relief through evan.

"yes please." it the answer hed muttered, bright red again but jared knew what he meant.

and thus, the cycle continued.