a jared breakdown

-one time, jared pissed off a popular girl
Let's say it's Heather Chandler

The teacher had left the room for an irrelevant reason

The students were talking amongst themselves, and Zoe and Jared had moved to the back to talk with Evan.

Jared wound up talking shit about popular people, causing heather to turn her glare to him.

The class silenced, causing Jared to turn.

"At least I have the decency to look good Kleinman. If you're a shapeshifter why do you choose to punish the rest of us looking like that?"

The class oohed, and Zoe stood angrily, grumbling,

"You did not just say that you-." Evan grabbed her by the arm before she could do something she'd regret, and just then the door opened.

The teacher walked in and Jared went into the form of a hummingbird, darting out the door.

Evan stood, staring down Heather c and saying two words before leaving.

"Uncalled for." He found Jared curled up under the covers back at their dorm, the lump shaking and muffled sobs escaping every now and then.

"Jared?" The lump stopped, and the door closed behind Evan as he knelt down near the boy. "I know you're not ok." He began, "I know as much as you like to hide it you have insecurities just like the rest of us."

"Really. What could you have to be insecure about, you're perfect." Thank God Jared was under a blanket because that made Evan flush full red.

"You think I like being almost seven feet tall? Standing out and being uncommon? I'd love to be able to fit in, at least a little."

"You shouldn't." Jared said. "I'd love to be a centaur. At least you don't have bullshit standards you cant physically live up to."

"Jared we could go all day. Now move over here to I can hug you." If it's one thing Jared couldn't resist it's Evans hugs.

-He oblidged, letting evan comfort him, then denying anything was wrong after

-evan understood that was how jared worked and let it go, making an effort to look a little closer to catch jared in the act of emotional parkour