Park Screening

I looked in the mirror at myself for a brief moment. I watched as the sweatshirt on my back wrinkled with every movement I made. My hair was down and messy, my face longing for relaxation. Ashton popped his head into the bathroom and saw my eyes traveling all over my body. He smiled, walked over to me, and places each hand around my waist. He nuzzled his head on the space in between my neck and shoulder and kissed a small peck where skin showed.

"Ready to go?" He asked a few moments after watching me watch myself. I noddd my head up and down and then turned my body so that I was facing him. By now, I had moved my hands up and around his neck and we were looking into each other's eyes.

"You look adorable in my sweatshirt." He smiled, looking down at the oversized hoodie. I laughed at him slightly, before pushing him away. I began walking down the steps of our house, Ashton following behind closely. I went to head outside to get into the car, but Ashton swiveled me around and pulled me towards the kitchen.

"Let's take snacks!" He said with glee. I chuckled at his sweet heart and nodded agreeably. We grabbed gummy worms, strawberries, chips and dip, crackers, water, whatever you could think of, it was probably there. Then we packed it all up in a large basket and walked to the car.

It was a long drive, but it was okay. The trees were turning colors for fall and birds were flying south for winter. I gawked at the sky, earning occasional stares from Ashton.

"We're here." Ashton smiled big. I looked around at the park that was crowed with unfamiliar faces of all shapes and sizes. There was a large stage in a fairly empty area that had a big screen up on it and sound systems, that were scattered all over, connected to it. 
I was getting ready to tease Ashton about going to the park, when I saw the sign that made it all click. In big, bold letters: PUBLIC SHOWING. I smiled wide at him before going to the trunk to get out all the blankets in the back.

"You're the best!' I smiled grandly. Ashton laughed happily at your excitement before explaining himself.

"That's why I wanted to take you to this. I know how much you've wanted to go to one and with how much you do for me, how could I not surprise you? " I smiled wide at my sweet boyfriend of six months and began unfolding the blankets and placing them on the ground. Ashton dropped down a few pillows he brought for the two of us to lay on. He even reserved a spot just in front of a wide tree to act as a head board of some sort.

It was perfect. No, wait. Beyond perfect.

Ashton began grabbing the snacks you two made before coming here as well as some drinks. You smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek then another ended up on the lips after he snatched one while you were moving your head from his. You chuckled and slowly let your head fall back. Ashton following your motion.

"They're beautiful." I suddenly state with awe. My head is tilted up and my eyes are wide. Ashton looked over at me with curiosity.

"Who?" Ashton wondered. I looked over at him gracefully.

"The stars." My breathing started to get slow as I looked into his eyes.

"But they'll never be half as beautiful as you." Ashton said slowly beach to me.

"And they'll never be as bright as your smile." I replied graciously. He laughed and looked away from me awkwardly. A few seconds later he turned back towards me with a spark in his eyes and kissed me until someone came up to tell us to stop.

"I love you."

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! If you did, please make sure to vote, comment, and keep reading! C🥀