Chapter 14: Isabella Mikaelson

Waking up to Elijah was the best thing in this world. Every morning I'd wake to his beautiful brown eyes staring down at me as he massaged though my hair with his fingers. A gentle touch on my cheek as he noticed my eyes were open. A good morning gesture of saying Hello. This morning was different though, I woke to an empty bed. Patting the sheets beside me I frowned as I opened my eyes to silence. No good morning darling, or how was your slumber my love.

Yawning quickly before throwing my legs off the bed, I stood up as I walked downstairs. "Lukah? Chloe?" I shouted. Hearing nothing in return I began to get worried. Maybe Elijah took them out for breakfast. Or maybe there just out in the garden. Taking a quick breather I noticed a note on the counter, A recognizable calligraphy.

Good morning, my love
Sorry I wasn't present to greet you this morning, but I had major plans to sort out. Chloe and Lukah are with me, no need to worry, as I assume you were just doing. Please get dressed in the attire I picked out for you in our guest room. I love you, and today will signify "Always and Forever".

Smirking a bit, I followed the directions I was given. Walking upstairs I pushed the door open to the guest room as I smiled brightly to the view in front of me. A long black dress, one that would definitely belong to a bride. Slipping it on quickly I walked back to my room and into the bathroom.

Nice to see your actually gonna brush your teeth. No, no, I'm only joking. Maybe. Anyway, meet us at the location at the bottom. T-10.

Setting the note back on the counter I finished getting ready. Smiling at my reflection, so many thoughts were going through my head. Was I getting married today? Maybe it was just a family brunch. But maybe I was just over thinking, and I was just to meet them to go over some family things. Shaking my head to erase the thoughts, another thought popped in my head. Not just any thought though, a memory. The day Elijah proposed, and the day I found out I was pregnant with Lukah.

-
7 years ago;

"I opened my eyes to Elijah smiling there with a box in his hand. "Isabella Marie Benson-" He began to say. My heart began to race as he said those words. "Ever since I met you on that dirt path on January 8th, 1522 I had been falling in love with you every single day since. You make me want to be better, you make me not want to tear my brothers head off. I know that I should of never turned you into the vampire you are today, but then I would of never gotten to spend these last 5 centuries with you." He smiled. "Will you make me the happiest Vampire on this Earth and Marry me?"

I exhaled quietly looking him up and down. "Yes Elijah Mikaelson, yes." I chuckled nodding my head. He quickly grabbed me, pulling me into his arms. He opened the box putting a large diamond on my finger."

~~~

"Who are all these people?" I questioned as I gestured the hundred different men and women, babies and children sitting on white chairs that lied just below a large canopy tarp.

"Well, I know you've always dreamed of a big wedding, but since you nor I have any family, I just decided to compel everyone here." He smirked. "Now come on, it's your big day."

Sighing as I followed down the white carpet, towards the priest at the end I thought about this day. I have truly dreamed of this day, but not like this. I want all of our family to be here, Caroline, Damon, Elena, Kol, Rebekah, Marcel. Everyone. But as long as I have Elijah, I have everything. Or so I thought...

Smiling at Elijah I turned to my side to look at Chloe in her blue dress, and Lukah, just beside Elijah, in his blue tuxedo. Staring down the row of aisles, I couldn't recognize one face, not one. Just a bunch of clueless people wanting to get back to their own lives. I couldn't take it anymore.