Chapter 16: Uncle Niklaus

☼ Lukah Mikaelson ☼

Lukah Mikaelson

I stared deeply out the window, watching as each tree left my view. Each tree having different colors surrounding them. Making them all different. I couldn't help but think of my father, how different he had become. Once upon a time there was a man who would do anything to protect what he loves, to show any emotion at all.

Changing my view to the woman in front of me I began to smile. At least I knew my mother loved me, that she would kill anyone for my safely. Even the person she loves most, and not my father. I wasn't stupid, well I was in some cases, but not in this case. I could tell her love for Elijah was dissipating everyday. Hour by hour her smile would fall even more. She loved him with all her heart, but her heart was sinking.

"Are you Okay?" Chloe spoke, concern in her voice.

"Yeah-" I sighed. "Are you excited to see Niklaus?" I asked, changing the subject that I hated most.

"Very." She smiled, moving her attention to the empty chair in front of her. "Mom seems so content with her feelings about him, that he's a beast, that he doesn't care anymore. But I think she's wrong, she has to be." She huffed.

"Maybe." I bit my lip, hiding that fact that I knew mother was right. Nights that I'd leave home, wandering the streets of Marseille. I came across a group of men, they all were vampires, as I could sense. They told many stories of Niklaus Mikaelson. He was the thousand year old hybrid vampire that would kill anyone that passed him. Surely he had a heart, why else would mother love him so much. But rumors go around, after moving to Paris, he's become the beast that's always been inside him. I'm beyond afraid that when Chloe sees him, she's not going to see what she's always imagined. A great father who loved her so. It was all a lie.

~~~

Isabella Benson

Stepping forward, I watched my feet; afraid to look up. We had arrived at the so called Mikaelson Inn. Of course Niklaus had a hotel made for himself and his guests that soon would be dead. He had the power to do absolutely anything he liked.

"One room, or two?" The man asked, the man behind the counter. A look of terror on his face. He had been compelled, as everyone here was.

"Ones fine." Chloe replied. She looked all around her, taking in the view of the large space filled with one color, and one color only. Red.

Nodding simply, the man grabbed a silver key hanging from the wall as he guided us upstairs. I could sense he was here, I could hear him sucking into another's jugular. A bang of the ground indicated the mans death, not able to stand anymore he fell to his knees. I could picture the image in my head already. This was a bad idea, but Chloe needed to see what her father was. Or perhaps I needed the closure to know that I didn't really need him in my life to survive.