Chapter 24: What have you done?

"Thank you, Damon

"Thank you, Damon." I gritted my teeth as I tilted my head his direction. He smiled in reply as we seemed to have stared at each other for over ten minutes. Perhaps taking in the moment, because it could be another decade until we see each other again. It seems like I only come to visit when chaos brings me. It must change, because I want to be apart of his life, before it's too late.

"If I must travel to you than that's what I'll do. Your my sister, and I love you. So just stay in contact, will ya." Damon glared my way before reaching his arm across my legs as he opened my door.

"I'll try." I nodded, a sigh releasing from my lips. "I see you want me gone already?" I huffed gesturing my eyes to the door as I noticed a small festival sat just in the middle of the small park of Mystic Falls. My eyes quickly averted to Hope as I noticed her sitting with Elijah on a bench. I guess I should be going anyway.

"Those damn kids." He rolled his eyes. "They seem to find trouble everywhere they go."

"Oh- I know a lot of people like that." I chuckled.
Nodding my head I got out of the car. Niklaus' eyes glued to my figure as I felt him staring at me from behind. Of course he was here. "Bye Damon."

"Bye Beautiful." Damon furrowed his brows, his eyes reducing as he sighed. He drove off quickly. I could tell he was upset with the circumstances. I seemed to have lost a lot of love for him as I have more for my own family now. Though I've known him for over a century, I guess the five I've known the Mikaelsons for seemed to favor them more. I suppose my heart wasn't as big as I thought.

Walking over, the music became more prominent as a full band of men played small noises of Jazz. It was like a fraction of New Orleans on a Friday night, but in Falls. It seemed like Mystic Falls was doing so much better without the vampires and council running everything. It was the small town that stayed in silence, the few living here; living their best lives. It was a fresh scene from the one Im used to.

"So your really going down like this?" I questioned. I stood just next to Niklaus as I watched Hope dance with some boy matching her own age.

"It's the only way." He shrugged.

"The only way-" I huffed in irritation. I was going to explain that it was a stupid act of lunacy, that he can't take his own life but in reality it was the only way. The Hollow will ruin Hope, killing her. And Niklaus would become nothing without his daughter. The despair would eat him alive. So much that he would eventually kill himself anyway, or perhaps kill everyone on the bloody planet. It took me awhile to figure this out, but the plan he proposed, the plan he is going to achieve this evening is actually a plan of great sanity.

Niklaus looked away from his daughter noticing that I had become quiet. He arched a brow in confusion before realizing that he had won the argument without even trying. He rolled his eyes in reply before glaring back at the boy with his arms around Hope.