Chapter 17: Hope

Stepping forward, past the bridge of the door I was quickly greeted by Elijah who seemed quite vexed with my appearance

Stepping forward, past the bridge of the door I was quickly greeted by Elijah who seemed quite vexed with my appearance. He wrapped his warm arms around my frame, squeezing obnoxiously tightly. This was the first time he actually expressed any emotion in the last several months. Something had happened in the last twenty-four hours, and I wanted to know now. Though Elijah was good at hiding everything.

"What happened?" I narrowed my eyes, placing my hands on his chest as I pushed harshly.

He pursed his lips before standing tall, his emotion erasing his features as he placed his hands in his pockets, a look of pure nothing. Blinking softly as he stared. "Nothing, my love." He smiled.

"Nothing-" I mimicked. "Alright." Nodding, a sarcastic smile on my face I pushed him once again. He landed on the small bench in the foyer as I gestured Chloe and Lukah to leave upstairs. It's not like I cared if they saw what I was about to do, or really that they cared at all.

I placed my hands on both of his knees as I bent over, my eyes staring into his. My plan was to stare deep enough into his eyes, chanting a spell in my mind to release his memories of the last day into my own. Then I would be able to see what the hell happened. For some odd reason Elijah's mind was still in tact, but every time it seems like it wants to surface, he becomes the emotionless Elijah again. Like a demon in his head telling him that it's not safe, that he can't come out to play. It was the most annoying thing about him.

Once I felt the spell working I closed my eyes to see the pictures in his mind. The detail was a little off, but nothing I couldn't make out, nothing that would stop me from knowing the truth.

His fingers moved so smoothly as they pressed down on each key of the piano. Pressing that last key he let a breath out as he smiled up to the few people sitting around who started to clap. Elijah moved his hand from the piano to the glass of bourbon, bringing it to his lips as the liquid within disappeared into his mouth.

"Elijah?" A concerned voice spoke, the voice of a woman I had not yet been introduced to. She was unfamiliar in every way. The way her appearance looked, the voice that came from her mouth, her eyes that seemed to recognize the man in front of her.

"Yes." Elijah replied. Calmness in his voice. He began flipping through the pages of his book, looking for a new song to play. His eyes glued to the letters above as a smirk formed over his lips. A bit of Mozart to fill the soul.

"I need your help." She said. "Your Brother is back and out of control, I need you to control him." She pleaded. I could tell she was nervous, but yet beyond scared as well.

"I'm sorry-" Elijah huffed in confusion. "I don't know what you mean."

"Come on Elijah." She winced. "Where is Isabella? She'll talk some sense into you."

"Ma'am, I- I don't have much clue of what your speaking. I don't have a brother, nor do I know much of who this Niklaus is. Forgive me, but I'm quite busy." He spoke sternly before starting his next song of choice. He didn't seem to care much of who this woman was, or why she knew of who he was.