Chapter 15: Forever, but not always

*7 Years Later;

As if I thought everything would be okay; that I could just spent the rest of my life with my husband that I love, and our two children. Our children that were already too old to even be called children. It had been seven whole years since I've seen any of my family, my true family.

"Mom, I want to leave-" Chloe began, a seriousness to her voice. She looked at me with her pure blue eyes, the eyes that resembled her fathers so much. Everyday I would look at her, watch her grow and know that her father could be dead, that I would never see Niklaus again. "I want to see my father." She shrugged, her eyes wandering around the room as she tried to blink away the tears. "Perhaps just to talk to him. Please." Chloe pleaded.

Tilting my head, I sighed. I used my enhanced hearing to make sure Elijah hadn't come home yet. He was still absolutely naive about the whole family lie. For seven years, he continues to think that he was an only child, that his two sisters, his three brothers, they never existed. After a couple of years I started to believe it myself, thinking that maybe if I just erased them from my memories as well I could just live freely. But Chloe, Lukah, they would never forget, and I couldn't just erase their memories either.

"Chloe, I haven't heard from your father in years. I don't know where he is." I rolled my eyes. Trying to change the topic I walked around the island. Pulling the fridge open I grabbed a styrofoam cup, bringing the straw to my mouth as the dark red liquid spurred up before making its way through my lips.

"You know exactly where he is-" She chuckled, irritation in her voice. "I've learned to read your thoughts, he's in Paris. Why do you lie to me?"

"I don't know." I looked down before returning my eyes to hers. "Your too smart. But you know your uncle can't be around your father. Bad things happen, and he's finally content with his life, don't ruin it."

"I can go alone." Chloe's eyes popped before setting her palms on the counter as she sat up from her chair. "Please let me go, Ill only be gone for a couple days, I can handle myself, you know that. I'll be 16 next month. I can finally ride the trains alone, it would be perfect." She smiled.

"Where are you going?" A voice spoke, the voice echoing from the foyer, the door closing as the steps called closer.

"Good evening Lukah." I glared. "And where have you been all day?" Raising an eyebrow before placing my hand on my hip. I straightened my back next as I tried to show my authority. Of course I was doing beyond, considering when I get mad bad things happen.

"Out-" he replied, a glare matching my own. "Now where are you going?" He questioned again, returning his look to Chloe.

"No where." She spoke, her eyes narrowing.

"I'm not stupid." He huffed. "I can hear your annoying voices from the beginning of the bloody driveway. Your going to see Uncle Niklaus and I want to come."

"You can't come!" She shouted. "You don't even like him." Pouting her lips she looked back to me for a response.

"If your going, he's going too." I nodded, a sigh escaping my lips. "End of discussion, if your father hears, you know how I'll react." I chuckled in irritation as I left the room. I knew I would regret letting them go, but it had been long over due. They are old enough to know the truth, to see the truth.

~~~

[Song Above]

Feeling his warmth, the smell of bourbon radiating from his clothes. Everyday Elijah had spent many hours at that stupid bar. Some how he felt safe there, to play his music in the piano. I know he loved playing, but how could that make him happier than being home with his family. He had changed since the incident, he would never be the same until his memories formed again. I wanted ever so badly to just tell him; to make him remember. But I knew it would ruin him. It would ruin us.