Chapter 26: Reunion

I see the knowledge behind his actions

I see the knowledge behind his actions. Or should I say, I now see the knowledge behind his actions because before I would of done everything I could to save Niklaus from his lunatic thoughts but now I see that I would of done the exact same if it was Chloe or Lukah. They're my world, as Hope is Niklaus'.

I had been watching him sleep for the last 6 hours, as the sun rose so did he. You could tell everything that was once apart of him was gone or perhaps just missing. Either way it wasn't the Niklaus we all knew just last night. The Hollow has reached his mind and is now tearing him apart; his sanity going first.

"Father-" He spoke, a narrow of his eyes as that expression of misery and pain returned to his face. An expression I hadn't seen since 1608 when Niklaus became clinically ill, and when I mean ill I mean an absolute monster. "Please father-" he pleaded.

I furrowed my brows as I looked around the room. No one in sight, especially not Mikael Mikaelson. I think of all these years I would recognize a face like that. I averted my eyes to the door as the squeak from the wood below filled the empty room. I felt Elijah's presence just behind that wood framed door, it was the one thing I could distinguish beyond a room full of people. His smell, his steady breathing. Everything about him.

"Isabella." He whispered.

I nodded quickly, appearing at the door as I took one more glimpse at Niklaus who was still talking to himself. I let a breath of air out as I pulled the door open before sliding my body past to now be standing just in front of Elijah.

He stared at me as if I had been gone for months; years even. That steady pace of his eyes as he looked me up and down. His posture that was absolutely perfect. Those damn hands of his resting in his pocket as if the weather even affected him.

"How is he?" He questioned.

"Not good-" I sighed. "He needs help, Elijah. But I can't help him." I shrugged, blinking back the tears.

He grabbed my shoulders as he pulled me into his arms. His gentle touch that warmed my heart that was never warm in the first place.

"We'll find an antidote, I swear this to you."

"I won't do it-" I chuckled heavily before pulling myself away from his grip. "There is no antidote for the evil inside him, the only way out is death, you know that."

He nodded slowly, a nod of acceptance. Something about his calmness made me weary. Like the whole my brother will be forever gone soon didn't seem to faze him the slightest. He was hiding something, but I wasn't going to wait to find out. My mind was on Niklaus and only Niklaus. To try and ease his last final hours.

I opened the door once more as I walked through to see that Niklaus was gone, the balcony doors wide open. I quickly walked over as I looked down to the streets of New Orleans. Jazz playing from both ends, the smell of fried food filling my nostril. I couldn't even smell to see if he was close by.