Chapter 22: Maid of honor

"I'm sorry ma'am but this venue is already being used this evening

"I'm sorry ma'am but this venue is already being used this evening." A woman spoke, her brow arching as her left hand rested on her hip.

"Yes it is-" I smirked. "My beautiful sister will be using this exact spot for her wedding." Tapering my eyes I deeply compelled her as I smiled in return.

"Of course." She nodded, a disappearance of emotion as she tore the paper from her clip board before stuffing it in her pocket. I watched as she walked away, my eyes shifting around the space of land. I admired all the ravishing white Lilly's filling every table around. There were so many I was amazed at who ever decided on the whole color scheme, followed by the rustic yet modern look to everything.
Especially the cute little open barn with many light fixtures to fill the area with bright warm colors.

"That was something-"

"Huh-" I frowned, turning my body the opposite direction of where I was looking. The voice spoke again as I noticed the ocean colored eyes belonging to the man just in front of me.

"It's quite sexy when you go all compelling on people." He grinned.

"Little presumption, if you ask me." I returned to gesture with the same grin. A chuckle coming from my mouth.

He shrugged as he began to smile. His hand grabbing mine as he swirled me around before pulling me into his arms. "Can't wait to see you in your brides maid dress tonight." He whispered, a slowness to his words.

I pushed him away quickly as I rolled my eyes.

"You heard Elijah and I's conversation last night, didn't you?" Glaring his way, I arched my brow.

"I have no idea- what your talking about." He winked.

"I hate you." I huffed, my lips curving up as I smiled sheepishly.

"I love you too." He sighed.

~~~

The entire day consisted of me planning and getting everything prepared for this day. It was like planning my own wedding, or perhaps I felt I missed out with planning my wedding so doing Freya's instead has me feeling some kind of satisfied way.

Oddly enough, it's seems like Niklaus has absolutely nothing else to do but stare at me. Been standing in that barn for hours drinking bourbon as his eyes can't seem to leave my figure. After awhile I just began to ignore him. Then again I'm known to ignore people quite often, it was like if you thought of Isabella, you thought of the girl who seems to mute the entire world out. Yeah- that was me.

"Have you forgiven me, Isabella?" That dark voice returned. The voice that seemed to break my heart from last night. And My heart that was extremely hard to break.

"Elijah-" I sighed. "I have not given much thought of it. And I don't want to, at least not today. Freya doesn't deserve to have conflict on her special day."