Chapter 18: The Return

I looked over to Elijah, a smile on my face

I looked over to Elijah, a smile on my face. He wasn't very pleased that we were in New Orleans. Saying that the woman that searched for him, she was from New Orleans. He didn't like her, though he couldn't quite explain it. Grabbing his hand I intertwined our fingers before I noticed the New Orleans sign, welcoming us back home, or shall I say the place I haven't been back to in many years.

Don't get me wrong though, I've been missing everyone here. Not like I knew much of who was here. Last time I spoke to Hayley, which was just three weeks ago she said that Marcel and Rebekah have found happiness together in New York, that Freya lived here in Orleans with her girlfriend, Kol, I heard was still with Davina, living in California and that Niklaus was in Paris, though he's traveled lots. I just wish I could of had some kind of vision of Hayley's death, that some how I could of stopped it. I still didn't quite know how her death occurred, but I'll find out soon. Hopefully.

Elijah's sweaty palms seemed to have detached from my own. His touch no longer. I sighed deeply as I shifted my head to the passenger seat. Quickly looking to the backseat, I tilted my head in confusion before driving to the side of the road.

"Elijah?" I questioned. "What in the bloody hell?" I scrunched my face as I pouted my lips. Not even two seconds into New Orleans and the drama has already started. How in the hell can a man disappear in plain sight. I took my eyes off him for merely two minutes and he seemed to have left the car, not a sound in return. As if one could escape without the door unlatching. Some witch knew of our return. But who?

~~~

Perhaps seeing Freya first would of been a good idea, but I was too irritated to even think about family, let alone the best witch out there. I was beyond infuriated. Pushing my palm into the glass of the door, I pushed harshly bringing a chime of bells to my ears as I walked through. The entire witch coven worked at this store in New Orleans. If anyone were to have done something with my husband, it would be one of them.

"Where have you taken him?" I asked, my voice vexed but not quite shouting, yet.

"Isabella Benson?" A woman of age smiled, her arm reaching out, her warm hand hitting my cheek softly. "How have we greatly missed you."

"Forgive me-" I sighed. I wasn't one to use such a harsh tone to an elder, especially one I've known since the day I moved to Orleans. "Have you seen Elijah? Or maybe heard of him?" I asked.

"Sorry dear-" She shook her head, a sympathetic gesture in her eyes. "Lots has been going on. I wouldn't put it past me if your little niece was behind it all. She's been much of a character lately."

"How So?" I hesitated. Did I really want to know the truth?

"Rumors-" She began, checking her surrounding before continuing. "She put a cloaking spell on her mother just to drive her Father into town. Everyone searching for Hayley, Hope knowing exactly where she was. I've known Hope for over a decade, I don't think it's her doing it all. The Hollow has returned, her mind is going Ill. I have this dark feeling it's just the beginning." Martha sighed.