Chapter 23: Mystic Falls

I had pleaded for the last twenty four hours for  Niklaus to change his mind, but when he has something he wants done; he has it done

I had pleaded for the last twenty four hours for Niklaus to change his mind, but when he has something he wants done; he has it done. You would think that someone that he cares about so much, he would listen to. But not in this case, not when the decision is to either save his daughter, or to listen to Isabella.

"If you think that coming out here, coming to stop me from leaving will change my mind in anyway than you've got another thing coming." Niklaus spoke, a stern tone. He grabbed his suitcase before stuffing it into the trunk, shutting it quickly before walking to his door.

"Nope." I sighed. "Just a simple farewell." I smiled.

He narrowed his eyes at me as he studied my features fondly. I suppose I wasn't the best lier of all time, but I tried. And knowing Niklaus, he was reading my mind right at that moment. That I was putting up an act so that I could follow him to Falls to try and stop his entire plan of suicide. How dare he even think that he would get away with such lunacy. I didn't quite get it.

He shook his head furiously as he hopped into the car before it drove out quickly.

"See ya soon." I mumbled, a smirk forming over my lips as I spoke with such confidence. I turned on my heel before being greeting by two very familiar faces. "Chloe! Lukah-" I shouted, chuckling awkwardly.

"It's good to see you."

I was lying- it wasn't good to see them because I had other more important things to do right now! Niklaus is to kill himself in just merely hours and I needed to find a way to spell him out of it. To some how make sure that he doesn't conceive that evil Hollow. Though Hope doesn't deserve it either, Niklaus is my- he's my- my brother.

Yeah. My brother.

"What's going on?" Lukah questioned, a glare of his eyes.

"Nothing sweetie. I have somewhere else to be, apologies for my disappearance so soon but I need to be in Mystic Falls. It's Mardi Gras after all, perhaps some music and fun would be perfect for your day in New Orleans."

"It's Niklaus, isn't it?" Chloe asked.

I sighed before rolling my eyes. "Yes." I replied, a shake of my head before walking past them and into the house.

"Because of Hope." She huffed. "Because I'm nothing to him, like he only has one daughter. Like I'm just another one of his nieces."

"Your father-" I began, turning my head to her. "He doesn't know you, and Elijah is just as much as your father as Niklaus. He doesn't matter."

"Yeah, because he doesn't want to know me, right?" Chloe smiled, frustration in her eyes.

I didn't quite know how to reply to her comment. Or really it wasn't a comment, but a statement of truth because I really don't think Niklaus has had much time to even think of his other daughter while Hope has been in pain and all the drama forming around it. I couldn't really blame him either. But she's had all the love in the world, from Elijah and I. I just couldn't feel for Chloe right now.