meant to be

Ever since I met you, my life has gone from being this still picture of ordinary to this whirlwind of confusing emotions. I don't regret it though, I don't regret having you walk into my life and then proceed to take it by storm. With you, I laughed harder and cried harder. You made me feel alive and gave me that bounce in my step. But you also caused me many sleepless nights and tremendous anxiety. I guess that's a given with any relationship right? But here's the catch. Our relationship, it was never defined. At first it was exciting, it kept me on edge. But then without me realising it, it was the beginning of our end and here we hadn't even started yet. Forced smiles and faked headaches later, there we were finding excuses to not be around each other. At a place, where I never wanted to see either of us. Did it matter though? I found myself thinking, it's not like we had labelled this thing going on between us. Which by the way, went on for a pretty long time.

I thought you were the one. I thought this was it. That you were meant for me and I for you. I was right but I was wrong. You were- are the perfect guy. But you're not the perfect guy for me. With all of my heart, I wished we could have a better ending. But hey, maybe we still can?

We can live happily ever after...just not together.