im sorry

"I'm sorry"

You can say it a million times, in different tones and different circumstances but at the end of the day, they're only words. Words that roll off your tongue with so much ease, that it makes me worry. Just how many times have you said them? And misused them?

I'm sorry. Hah. Sorry doesn't count unless you mean it. It doesn't mean anything until the apology comes from your heart. And in this case your cold, selfish, betraying heart. But even if, in the rare chance that you do mean it.

You can't mend a heart with a five letter word.

The things you did to hurt me will never be undone.The harsh words that you said to me will never be unheard. The things I saw, the way I felt- you can't do anything to erase that. The sinking feeling in my chest and the helplessness that wallowed inside me. You can't just undo all of that with a meek apology.

I'll never forget the empty stare you gave me when you looked down at me, shattered on the floor. The memory will be etched in my mind forever. Forced to replay every time I lay alone at night.

Who do you think you are James? Coming up to me after all this time, just so you can clear your guilty conscience. What did you think I'd do? Forgive you? Get over yourself. I was broken, yet you left me to pick up the pieces by myself.

I'm sorry to say this James, but sorry just doesn't cut it anymore.