09: UNKNOWN

GO.Chapter.09
na jaemin's
+

After what happened, my laptop suddenly turned off, I also backed away a little incase it explodes. That game is really hiding something.

Before the application crashed, I swear I saw something, I saw something written behind the glitch.

And it was not because I was tired, I'm way too sure that I wasn't imagining things. I really saw "Jaemin stop, you're in trouble." and that creeps me out, but it somehow made me think.

I believe that someone behind this so-called helpbot is someone I know, since if he wasn't, he wouldn't warn me and just let me be in trouble.

Who could that be?

I don't know anyone that might probably be the creator of Go since I'm not that close with anyone, I'm not the type of person who's really loquacious.

I was about to head outside of my room when I received 2 text messages from someone I don't know.

Unknown
jsemin help

Unknown
thwy are cpntrollinf me

I checked the number but I wasn't familiar with it.

Unknown
thry are blockinf mu visipn

As soon as I read that text, I already know who's texting me. I quickly headed out of my room, sprinting out of the house.

"Jaemin! where are you going?" I heard my mom asked before I left outside the gate, "to a friend's house!" I replied.

I really don't know where I'm going, considering that I don't know any of my new found friends' house, well–except for Jia since I walked her home.

Oh, that's right. I'm going back to Jia's house.

Since her house is just a few blocks away, I managed to just walk my way there. I needed exercise anyway.

As soon as I reached her house, I pressed the doorbell and a young-looking adult welcomed me.

"Uhm, good afternoon, may I talk to Jia?" I uttered, she smiled and nodded then called out Jia's name. Once her eyes landed on me, she was surprised.

"Jaemin, why are you here?" she questioned as she walked towards me and opened the door wider, "Come in first." she offered and so I headed inside. I bowed first at the lady who welcomed me—which I guess that it's her mom.

"I'm going to tell you something really important about the game." I spoke, "but you have my number you should've texted or called m–"

"Our gadgets aren't safe now, Jia." I cut her off, "and besides, if I told you over the phone, you wouldn't probably understand it well, or worst, someone may be eavesdropping on our conversation, we don't know how powerful that game is."

"Jia? do you guys need something to eat or–drink? just to spice up your..you know..intimate conversation with your..?" her mom busted in behind us. Jia facepalmed.

"Mom, he's my friend, what are you talking about." she rolled her eyes which made me chuckle. "Oh..friend?" her mom replied in a disappointed tone. What was her mom thinking? I just laughed it off. "Just give us some juice, thank you mom."

"I'm sorry for that, she's always like that for every boys that I went home with." she blurted out, "every..boys? so does that mean–"

"Jaemin, stop what you're thinking, it's not like that oh my gosh." she laughed, "that's like for group projects and some of them are already in a relationship with boys also." she explained.

"Oh..I guess it's a good thing you already laughed, you looked like a complete disaster earlier at the cafe." I stated and smiled at her. "You even hugged and clinged on to me alot of times, you're having your moment, you brat." I joked and she laughed.

"I was scared, okay? that doesn't mean anything, jerk." she responded and laughed more. "Uhm so anyway, about the game, what is it?"

"Jia, I already know why things turned out that way." I cleared my throat and then contined speaking, "The game resets every 2 days, and in order to stop that, we need to keep doing the missions, or the outcomes of our victory will be the opposite."

"So..we stopped for three days, that means..that the outcome of our mission, became the opposite–and that's why the other races were killed." She concluded, she looked at me with fear in her eyes, "what if the opposite outcome strikes at us?"

"That's what I don't know," I muttered as I heaved a deep sigh, "what we need to do is to inform others that we should continue playing Go, even though it's really really dangerous."

"Ah-I forgot to tell you about what happened earlier...well, I kind of broke the Go application on my laptop since I forced the helpbot to answer my question." I paused to look at Jia's mom putting down a tray with two glasses of juice on the table.

"It kind of glitched, but that was so creepy, the first glitch has 'I see you Jaemin hahaha' written secretly behind it and the next one has 'Jaemin stop, you're in trouble.' and I'm a hundred percent sure I saw those." I narrated and stopped for a while to drink the juice.

"And you even went here alone? what if someone or something attacked you? you dummy!" she scolded me but I shrugged it off.

"Then there goes this unknown number who texted me a while ago," I pulled my phone out of my pocket and opened it, went to scroll through the messages to find the text.

But suprisingly, it was gone.

"What the hell? the text message is missing!" I yelled in shock, jia looked at me with a confused face.

"Why? what was written in it?"

"It says 'jaemin help, they are controlling me, they are blocking my vision' but the text doesn't looked that clear since there are alot of typos, and maybe he was struggling to type." I explained, she looked at me once more, but this time, her aura became different, it was like she wants to say something but she shrugged it off.

"Who do you think that is?" she asked me, with concern in her eyes.

"Jia, you dummy! who's incharge of our vision?"

"Renjun."

"Then there you go."

She just nodded unconsciously and looked down, when I was about to place my phone back in my pocket, another text message came, and it was still from the unknown contact.

Unknown
I thought you were smart enough to recognize who I am, Jaemin.

hello! 3k reads already? that fast? wOoOow!! thank you! and we're #75 in short stories omf !!

btw i'm getting my empathy album today so my excited ass is shaking ndkdjskdjdjnsms!!!

uwu for all of u!