Mermaid on the Rock

Funnily enough, the only reason I decided to draw this was because a friend remarked that the outline of the previous drawing, a ladylike sitting pose, looked similar to a mermaid tail. They weren't wrong, but it prompted my response of "You haven't seen 'mermaid tail'." and this picture, which actually ended up being really good in my opinion!

Not only is the pose cool to look at, I accomplished more shading and found a way of coloring the scales that is slightly less (mentally) excruciating than coloring each individual scale one at a time

Not only is the pose cool to look at, I accomplished more shading and found a way of coloring the scales that is slightly less (mentally) excruciating than coloring each individual scale one at a time. I'm not sure if she's the same mermaid from my "Mermaid Maiden" drawing from part 71 of Volume 1 or not, but they do look extremely similar, if not identical.

I really like the finished drawing as a whole because of the pose and the expression it conveys; she's lounging on a rock out on the ocean without a care in the world—but that shows that she's innocent and naive—a more cautious, experienced mermaid would make sure there are no humans around to spot her.

What does this drawing make you think of? I'd love to hear your thoughts! As always, thank you so much for reading, and see you next time!