Guys, It Happened Again

You guys, I did it again. It's like I seriously can't stop!

Yeah, some of you may have guessed that I'm talking about "The Ship" (and at this rate, it's probably the first of many).

And here's a picture of it the other way around:

Just look at them! This drawing...when will they stop getting cuter?! Has the pairing peaked?!

And just, look at all that grass...so, so many blades of grass...why? Because these two kids are worth it and gosh-golly-gee-diddly-darn it if I don't end up writing their story soon! (Y'know, you two, it would really help me out here if I knew your names...just sayin'...)

But seriously, I've been calling them "Girl and Lover Boy" this whole time. And while that nickname is kinda funny, they do need names...ah, the struggles of a writer!

Anyway, I loved drawing this because I put a lot of effort into it and I think it turned out really nice and they're just so cute and—aaaah!
I may have to change a couple aspects of the girl, though, because the more I draw her, the more she starts to look like my avatar, and we all know I can be more original than that. So far I've just messed with the eye color, but I'm confident she'll be her own person in the end.

Oh—and get this: I actually drew this one before my Arietty fanart but wasn't able to color it 'til now because my sketchbook broke!

I have two main ones that I use—one large and one small—but I like the second one a lot because the smaller pages have really pampered me with having to spend less time on detailed backgrounds. Actually, most of Volume 1 was done using my larger, spiral sketchbook and most of Volume 2 has been my smaller sketchbook with a hard cover. It was this one that broke—nothing too serious, only the spine fell off—but I was much too intimidated to attempt repairing it on my own. I didn't want to cause more damage, and I really wanted it fixed properly so I could keep using it! After all, I'd already filled up half of the pages, and there's no way I was going to give up there.

Unfortunately, research didn't help; any online searches I did took me down a rabbit hole of bookbinding and measurement boards and cutting off the covers and acid-free glue. I didn't have the resources for any of that; I just wanted to fix my poor little sketchbook! In the end, I turned to the ever useful, handy-dandy duct tape, which did the job quite nicely. And most importantly, I can whip out drawings quickly again!

To be honest...I kind of missed it. I went for a couple weeks without carrying my sketchbook around constantly, and I definitely pined for it whenever inspiration struck—which happened frequently. And now that it's broken once, I've been treating it like a baby bird. Nevertheless, I can use it to draw, and that's what matters.

I hope you enjoyed today's art—I know I did! Thank you so much for reading, and see you next time!