Relaxation

*Karoline POV*

I sighed. 

Staring at Riley peacefully in her sleep on my couch was probably one of the most hardest things I've ever had to do. 

Why? 

Maybe because it was the fact that she was hiding something from me and would always deny it or beat around the bush every time I would ask. 

But I just relaxed and took the time to examine her and to know that she was okay. 

Then my expression hardened. 

 I thought back to the time earlier when we were in the car. 

Back to Truth or Dare. 

I shook my head scolding myself that it was probably nothing. Maybe it was just because every time I would try to relax or think about something else my mind would always reaffirm or go back to that moment where Riley looked scared and in panic when the dare asked her to tell us all about her family secrets.... 

But she wouldn't have any family secrets..

Would she?

I shook my head again at my useless thoughts and turned my attention back to the now fully awake Riley. 

"Hey." I started with a small smile. "Did you sleep well?" 

She nodded before yawning. 

"Thanks for letting me take a nap on your couch." She said sitting up then rubbing her eyes. 

I nodded a 'your welcome' before getting up. 

"You hungry?" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

*Riley POV*

I nodded as I got up from Karoline's couch and followed her in the kitchen. 

"Hey." She started again. "Isn't your birthday in a few days?" 

I nodded again rolling my eyes. 

"Yeah, in exactly a week. Why?" 

She shrugged. "Nothing just asking...." 

I then saw a small smirk on her face before she disappeared deeper in her kitchen. 

I raised my eyebrows as I followed close behind her.  

"Karoline.." 

"Hmm?" She answered innocently. 

I looked at her suspiciously.

"Your not planning anything are you?" 

She shrugged again as her smirk got bigger. 

"Maybe, maybe not." 

I faceplamed. 

"You know how I don't like celebrating my birthday." 

"Bullshit." I heard her mumble. 

"Karoline...." Her mom warned. 

"Sorry mom." Karoline yelled back. 

She looked back at me with a smirk still plastered on her face. 

I shook my head. 

"You are a bad girl." I stated. 

"I know." I heard her giggle as she wiggled her eyebrows. 

"Karoline!" I said turning around before throwing a pillow towards her face.

"Hey!

She then through the pillow back at me before we ended up having a pillow fight. 

We laughed and play fighted before me finally realizing that I was actually smiling and finally feeling relaxed for the first time in a really long time.