Change

[Long Chapter!! I repeat long chapter!![Meaning that's it's over 4000+ words long!!!]

So I suggested that yall get ya snacks! Cuz this gonna be a LOOOoooOOOoONNGGG chapter. Hehe, I wonder why? 😏 (So get comfortable while you still can!!)

------------------------------------------------

*Riley POV*

After I watched Amelia leave I felt a hit of sadness fill me since this was probably gonna be the last time I would ever see her again. 

She's just helped me so much and even though I got to thank her it just didn't feel like enough. I mean she helped escape from my crazy abusive mother. How was I ever gonna repay her? 

As Karoline came back down from the stairs.  A frown then formed on her face as she looked around. 

"What is it?" I asked her as she asked back. 

"Where's that policewoman?" 

"Oh," I sighed. "She left." 

"Aww." Karoline's frown deepened. "I wanted to say thank you to her for helping you." 

"You and me both." I rubbed my face.                             

"No need, I already did," Lupe said as she hugged me.

"I'm so glad you're alright. I just wish that we could keep you forever." 

"Well, why can't you?" I asked as she pulled away. 

She sighed before saying. "It's just complicated."

Right 'complicated' the word I hear in every drama movie, I read in every book. But I just nodded not wanting to argue or make the stress levels in this room go high. 

As Karoline and I want upstairs I started to think about the changes that will soon to happen in my life. 

And not just any changes...

Good changes.

Maybe I might actually get to make friends and live a happy and normal life.

Maybe...

"Riley...since it's your birthday we have got to do something." 

I snorted. "Like what?" 

"Maybe...buy you a cake or something." 

"Does your mom even know it's my birthday?" I asked with raised eyebrows. 

"Well..." Karoline started as she fiddled with her fingers. 

"That's what I thought," I said before I heard her huff. 

"Look, it's not my mom's fault okay? I mean she's had to deal with a bunch of stuff on her own before helping you." 

I looked down as I started to feel guilty. 

"Sorry." 

Karoline shook her head before sighing. 

"It's okay, it's not your fault either." 

"So...what about that cake?" I changed the subject before she smiled. 

"Cake it is." 

-----------------

*4 weeks later*

When I say that time goes by fast I mean time goes by fast.

It's already been four weeks since I moved in with Karoline and it feels just like yesterday when Lupe and Karoline were singing happy birthday to me, but now I'm suddenly finding myself packing up?!