Safe

*Lupe POV* 

As I opened the door I felt something lunge at me as I fell hard to the ground. 

"WHERE IS SHE?!" I assumed who was Riley's mom who was now pinning me to the ground

I bit my lip before shrugging. 

"Who?" 

"RILEY! THAT LITTLE SLUT." 

"I have no idea who you're talking about?"

Christina didn't seem to convinced so I had to try harder. 

"Your daughter's friend!"

I shook my head making more confusion appear on my face. 

"I'm sorry. Whoever she is, she is not here." I tried reassuring her. 

"Now can you please get up off of me?" I asked her as I could hardly breathe. 

She stared at me for a couple of seconds before slowly getting off me. 

"Now there's the door." I pointed to her to leave but she didn't move at all.

"Hello," I said as I stood in front of her waving my hand in her face. 

I then in the corner of my eye I saw a flash and looked down to where it came from.

Christina then made her first slash to my arm as I yelped in pain straddling backwards. 

"You fucking liar." 

---------------------------------------------------------------

*Karoline POV*

My eyes shot open as I felt sweat running cold down my neck. 

I then turned back attention to Riley who was still passed out next to me. I shook her trying to get her to wake back up but she was out cold. 

I stood up in panic not knowing what to do before hearing a sudden yelp. 

My eyes widen as the yelp sounded a little familiar. 

 "Mom?!" I yelled as I unlocked the door before looking down from the stairs only to see a formed cut on my moms left arm and the knife I saw Riley's mom had earlier now in her hand with a little bit of blood dripping from the tip. 

Wait. 

RILEY'S MOM IS IN MY HOUSE?!

"MOM!?" I yelled terrified of what was gonna happen in any second. 

She looked at me before gasping. 

"Karoline get in your room NOW!" 

I shook my head as tears formed in my eyes. 

"I'm calling the police," I stated before returning back to my room. 

I know Riley asked me not to but this woman was clearly getting out of hand. 

She almost split my mom's arm open with a knife for god's sake! 

I got the house phone before quickly dialing 9-1-1.

Before I pressed the last digit I looked over at the pale girl lying on the floor. I gave her an apologetic look before mumbling a quick 'I'm sorry'. 

I then pressed '1' as I waited for someone to pick up. 

My foot impatiently tapped on my rugged floor as I sighed. 

"Hello?"

My eyes widen at the women's voice as tears formed in my eyes before I spoke. 

"H-hi." 

"What's the emergency?" 

"There is some crazy lady that's in our house and who has a knife. She injured my mom with it and won't leave us and my friend alone." 

There was silence until the lady answered. 

"What's your address?

I then gave them my address and sighed when I was finished. 

"Were on our way." 

I said a quick 'thank you'  before the phone hung up as I slowly slid down my wall before glancing back at Riley. 

My eyes then widen when I realized she was awake the whole entire time.

"R-Riley I-I-" 

"How could you?"