Runaway

10 years old ...

This was it...

I was finally going to run away...

And you know why?

Flashback

"Mom! Riley kicked over my toys!" My "brother" yelled up the stairs. 

"I did not!" I defened rolling my eyes. 

Lucas my 6-year-old brother always got me in trouble. 

Everyday mom would just start yelling and spitting in my face for stuff that I don't do. 

And trust me this time I'm not lying. He always tries getting me in trouble and succeeds. 

While I'm stuck locked in my room for hours while he gets dinner and love. 

"It's okay love, just go upstairs and knock down everything on Riley's dresser." 

I turned with a horrified expression when I heard mother say that. 

"Including all her toys?" I heard Lucas say. 

I shook my head at him giving him a slight glare but a pleading look for him not to do it. 

I had so much important stuff on there that I would never let anyone touch. Not even mom. 

I'd always organize it every time I saw something out of place. 

I had some important papers, pictures (Of my mom and dad), my piggy bank, and so much other stuff. 

"Go ahead do your worst." I heard mom chuckle darkly from upstairs. 

"NO!" I yelled at Lucas as he ran up the stairs excitedly.

I then heard him open up my bedroom door while I was looking up the stairs with panic in my eyes. 

"All my stuff." I thought. 

I then heard a crashing upstairs in my room and glass and metal. 

I was so desperate to go up there and see what he was ruining, but I was too scared to even look at my messed up room. 

Especially my dresser. 

 Right then and there was just complete silence.

Lucas came back downstairs looking pleased with himself as he stuck his tongue out at me. 

I gave him my best death glare and ran up the stairs and ran into my room stooping in my tacks as tears welled up in my eyes. 

"My room." I breathed out not caring if mom was in the room right next to mine. 

I went up to my dresser finding it a mess. 

Everything. My pictures, toys, papers... destroyed, ripped, broken,... 

My piggybank...in a million pieces. 

I slowly bend down and picked some pieces of it from the floor and stood up silently sobbing. 

This piggybank I had ever since I was a baby...that my dad gave me. 

It was a "Whiny The Poo" one since I have been obsessed with that show when I was a baby. 

Plus, It was the only piece of my dad that I have since he's moved to Kansas. 

Destroyed and ruined. 

Into a million. 

I couldn't stop the tears from falling 

After about five minutes of pity, I got up and left getting my shoes and jacket before peeking in on mom making sure that she was sound asleep. 

And she was due to the fact that she snoring as loud as a walrus. 

I quietly crept down the stairs trying not to make a peep while writing a quick letter. 

Dear mom, 

I don't know what I did to make you so mad with me over these past years but I can't take it anymore. 

After, yourself having Lucas and Lacy you have changed too much for me and have been taking out all your anger out on me for no reason. I do not like how you treat me and it needs to stop. 

But It's never gonna stop it just kept going and getting worse over the past three years and I'm going to keep living like this. I have no idea when you're going to change but I doubt that you will anytime soon. 

So I am going to help you out my leaving this place and never turning back so it could make your life so much better since I'm just a useless child that should've never been born.

Goodbye, have a happy life with only two kids..cause you just lost one of them. 

Sincerely, 

Riley

I folded up the letter and got a piece of tape and stuck the piece of tape to the table. 

I sighed a quick sigh before heading to our back door where our patio was and turned the knob slightly before hearing footsteps. 

"Riley?" 

I heard the voice of my brother say. 

"What are you doing?" 

I felt a tear slip out of my right eye and turned to him with an angry expression. 

"Leaving." I snarled harshly and then turned the knob fully and headed out never turning back.