Chapter 4

Hi my friends! :) Alright so im sorry this took me so long to put up, but I had so much going on this weekend, and im in summer school so....

And on the one night I was going to write my mom came home with chocolate cake and distracted me.. so im sorry. But its here now so YAY!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful comments and votes!! I love every single one of you not even kidding. im sorry in advance if you find grammar errors, im not good with that stuff.

anyway ill stop talking so you can read. Dont forget to comment/ vote :)

Emily xx

--------

Elle’s POV

Malibu, California

9:00 AM

My eyes shot open hearing a loud crash outside my door. Oh my god what is happening I thought brushing the hair out of my face. I rolled over to see what time it was. My mouth fell open seeing it was 9:00 AM. Why am I awake right now? I thought grumpily sitting up. I held my head suddenly feeling dizzy. I need to stop sitting up so fast.

I shuffled over to the door and swung it open. I was greeted by Tris dancing around our kitchen blaring music and cooking breakfast. She beamed at me when she saw me. “good morning!” She sang out while flipping a pancake. I dragged myself over to the table and collapsed into a chair.

“Please tell me I’m being punked, and you’re not really this peppy in the morning.” I said sleepily.

Tris waggled her eyebrows at me and continued flipping her pancakes without answering me. I eyed her suspiciously. “No offense, but you don’t really seem like the type that would be at rehab.”

Tris smirked and shrugged. “I’ve just been here for a while. Guess this place works.” She tossed a pancake onto a plate and flooded it with syrup. “Pancake?” She said holding the plate out to me.

My stomach did a flip thinking about food. I’ve been so god damn noxious lately. I shot up from my seat to run to the bathroom. I kneeled in front of the toilet in just enough time to empty my stomach. When I was done I wiped my mouth and dragged myself back into the kitchen. Tris grinned at me before shoving a huge piece of pancake into her mouth.

“Trust me; it only gets better from here.” She said sarcastically. I shuttered watching her finish off her breakfast. When she was done she put her plate in the sink and turned to look at me.

“Want me to show you around?” She asked while pulling up her hair.

“Why not.” I replied standing up. We both quickly pulled on shoes and walked out of our room. I had to admit it was a pretty nice day. It didn’t make sense to stay inside when we were so close to the water. We began towards the main building.

“So why are you here?” Tris asked bumping into me.

I laughed and nudged her back “my mom forced me here. Apparently I need help with my drinking problem.”

“and maybe an abuse problem?” she added. I stopped walking and inhaled sharply. I turned to look at her wide eyed.

“Why do you say that?” I ask in shock.

Tris gave me a duh look and paused putting her hands on her hips. “Well judging from the black eye you have, and the multiple bruises and scars decorating your arms and legs, I’d say there may have been some abuse.”

I bit my lip to keep myself from crying. Tris’s face softened and she pulled me into a hug. “I didn’t mean to be so blunt. I honestly thought that’s why you were here.”