Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

It has been two days since Brad was shot, well I think so anyway, and I’ve not washed in what feels like months. I don’t know how much longer I can take of all this. We haven’t eaten since yesterday and our stomachs are starting to growl. We haven’t seen daylight in, well god knows how long. Harry has not moved in a while, he’s just staring at the wall with a blank expression on his face.

           “Harry? Are you ok?”

He stayed silent for a couple of seconds before looking at me and saying, “ok? Am I ok? What do you think?” He looked angry but then that look disappeared. “Look, I’m sorry. I’m just worried. I’m not going to lie to you; I honestly don’t think we’re ever going to go home.” He slid over and hugged me, nuzzling his face into my shoulder.

           “We can’t give up!” I said as a tear passed down my cheek. Then all of a sudden I started to hear noises coming from outside the door. “Wait, do you hear that?”

           “Hear what?” Harry asked.

           “I thought I heard something.” I answered.

Harry stood up and placed his ear to the door. “I don’t hear anyth…” He then went silent. “Wait, I hear footsteps.” Harry moved the clockwise to the next wall with his ear still placed up against it. “I hear talking.” He said. “Let this happen…” Harry mumbled to himself.

           “What?” I asked.

           “Oh no.” He sounded worried. “He’s in there with someone, and who’s the only other person here besides us two?”

           “No. It wouldn’t be her. It might be someone else.”

           “But why would he say ‘let this happen’? I also heard something like ‘you and your friends die’. Why would he say that with someone else?”

           “Oh my god. You don’t think he’s trying to… You know, with Leila?” I questioned worryingly.

           “Yeah I do. We have to stop it.” He said firmly.

           “How?” I asked.

           “I have an idea.” Harry stepped back, turned around and looked me in the eye. “Ok, you’ve gotta trust me on this. Just go with it, ok, and when I tell you to, you run for it. Help her.” He smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

I trusted him, “Ok.” Harry turned towards the door and stepped back up against the wall. Then he just charged at it, and it didn’t work. “Oh my god, are you alright?”

           “Arm hurts… a lot, but I’ll be fine. Listen to me, I want you to shout, or scream, like you’re screaming for help. We have to get him in here.”

           “Ok.” I took a deep breath in and at the top of my lungs let out a deafening scream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OVERALL I have JUST OVER 5,000 READS. Thank you guys!

I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'll update the next chapter on Monday at around 17:00 BST (England).

Good luck to anyone who have exams to do still. I hope all the best! :)