2

That day, I had a date with a twelve year old. I didn't expect him to show up in the cafeteria, but he actually did. The dragon was no longer with him. We took our trays together and sat on one of the empty tables at the end of the cafeteria. 

And it was very awkward. Andrew got straight to business when we sat down. 

'There are many worlds in this place,' he began. 'It's well known as the visible realm and the invisible realm.' 

'You mean the spirit worlds?' 

'That's the third,' said Andrew. 'I do not concern the astral plane. Only Necromancers can access that.  We are in the visible side. The invisible one is a layer on top of this one.' 

'Uh huh...' 

'The invisible side is where all the oddities are.' 

'Like your dragon friend and gnomes?' 

Andrew nodded. 'All that is supernatural lives in the invisible side.' 

'Wow.... So if this is the visible side, why do I see gnomes in my backyard?'

'Some creatures have the ability to travel trough the two sides. Like you... that's why you can see them. You belong to both worlds.' 

'Like you?' 

He nodded. 'We are called as Seers.' 

'So I'm not loco?'

'No,' he said with a frown. 'It's just that you see well than others.' 

Good to know. 

'So this invisible side, how to you get there?' 

'There is a wall separating the visible and the invisible world,' said Andrew. 'More like a net. Some creatures can squeeze through and change sides. But creatures like Salzar and only project a mirror image of themselves in the visible side. Other than that, both worlds remain separated unless a Seer forces a tear through the wall. If you want to go there, you have to will yourself there.' 

'That's it? Wow.' I gave out a sigh. 'You know, this is pretty hard to take in you know...' 

'Take your time.' 

'Amy!" 

It was Isabelle. 

She pulled the seat in front of me and placed her food tray on the table. 

'My little fellows dragged me to show me a volcano they made for the Science fair,' she said.
Isabelle loved kids. Almost every elementary student knew Isabelle. Unfortunately for me, I wasn't so patient and cheerful. Isabelle took a while to notice Andrew. 

'Oh! I've never seen you before!' 

Andrew got up. 'What's your last name, Amethyst?' 

'Stone... Why?' 

'I have to add you to the list.' 

Then he left, giving a warning look at Isabelle. I got the message. 

Tell no one. 

It was a pity. Isabelle would love to hear it. But I didn't completely believe what I've just heard and I need more answers. 

Isabelle was still staring at Andrew as he walked away. 

'I know,' I said. 'Not your typical, "little fellow".' 

Isabelle had her, "What the _" look. 

'I asked him to allow me join this book club he is planning to start.'