29

I wondered how long bird-man's anti-enchanting spell worked for I had a bad feeling I might need it, a lot.

Soon as I got onto my room, I closed the door and made sure that everything was quiet. I waited till the harpies started a conversation with themselves. Then, I started to work.

First, I ransacked my wardrobe and found a back pack. I packed a pair of shirts and an extra denim inside. That's when I discovered two long wrapped up packages leaning at the corner of the wardrobe. Puzzled, I took them out. One was the long bow I received from the elves. The other package was... a samurai sword.

It was beautiful. Even the sheath was beautiful and black as ebony. The sword was curved. Curious, I carefully drew it out. The blade shimmered. Andrew will love this.

The nymphs lost me that some on the presents I received from my coronation were inside the dressing table. So I dug in and found the Galaxy S6. Fortunately the box wasn't too big. I just stuffed it inside. Then I look outside jewelry and stuffed them inside too, in case of an emergency. I took the dagger that Zeus gave me for a present. Even though they confiscated all of Andrew's gismos, no one thought that I might have some.

I turned to Cleocatra.

'So,' I said. 'What else do you think I might need?'

Cleocatra stopped licking her paw and looked at me.

'Why... me of course.'

And then she jumped inside the backpack and poked her head out.

'Are you serious?'

'You're going to need an enchanted Siamese cat.'

Oh, well. If she say so. Then I dumped the Mystica book inside as well. Just in case I get bored.

Then it was time to commence part two of plan A.

I slung by backpack over my shoulders, hung my bow and quiver over it and held my samurai sword in hand.

I never felt good in my entire life.

But it only lasted for a few seconds.

Then I had to worry about a good distraction; something that will force them to come in a panic.

So I threw the flower vase over to the force field. I was hoping to force myself to screm but the vase exploded with such a blast that a scream escaped my mouth. I was standing behind the door when it swung open.

'Are you alright!'

I didn't answer.

'Hay, kid!'

'No one's answering.'

'Is she okay?'

'Stupid girl.'

'He'll kill us if something happens to her.'

The door slammed open, almost breaking my nose. Then I took a deep breath and held it. About four harpies rushed in. I saw the feathers on their head raise and lower itself as they stood with their back against me.

'Where is she?'

I slowly crept into out of the shadow of the door and tiptoed towards the opening. One of the harpies walked closer to the force field and picked up a piece from the broken vase.