18

'I told you to read it! Not to alter it and add names on your own. Just because you are queen doesn't mean that you can do everything the way you want_'

'Father_'

'If you had so much gut why didn't you change that Carsson's name! You know he wants you dead!'

'Father_'

'Shut up, Athena. You got it good anyway...'

'Would you people please, this cat is trying to get some sleep.'

Did I mention that Bast, the Egyptian cat goddess sent me a talking Siamese cat called Pinx? Things couldn't get any stranger. First when I left, my whole room was a mess. Then when I came back the unopened gifts were moved away and the opened ones were arranged on the table along with a cat on a cushion, that was licking its paws and wearing a diamond studded collar. She said her name was Pinx. I hated the name and suggested Cleopatra of Cleocatra. She agreed on the second and Pinx was thrown out of the window. I hope Bast wouldn't mind. But Cleocatra was... let's say trained for a lot of luxurious comfort.

Back to Zeus's tantrum.

'Do you have any idea how long it took the Council to make that list?'

I simply stared at him. I knew he was upset and I knew I usually would be too for doing something so stupid, but I didn't feel so. I was somewhat glad I changed the names, especially the right hand part and the cook. I liked Nymphea's cooking. Andrew didn't say anything on the matter. Zeus had lighting sparking under his beard.

'Do you have any idea what you have done?'

'Some Italian guy lost his great opportunity, Athena gets stuck with me, Andrew gets more work and you aren't going to handle me from the shadows?' I said. 'I did summarize it right? Didn't I?'

Zeus stared at me in disbelief before he stormed away. Athena agave a sigh and followed him.

'Nice job,' said Andrew and he left too. I couldn't tell if he was mad or did he really mean it. But it made my mood collapse since I could only think of the first option. Maybe I did something stupid. I look Athena's pendent, Rawana's scrolls and a bracelet, said goodbye to Cleocatra (she didn't even care if I went home) and I shifted in one leap. I only noticed it after I shifted to my real room.

When I appeared in my room, I fell so exhausted; I fell asleep in the spot. Once I got up I changed and kept my new jacket in a safe place, dumped the scrolls and went downstairs. I half emptied the refrigerator and watched some TV. Not Sightless TV, just a movie on HBO. No one was at home, not even an Invisible, for once I was at peace and it was very lonely. I left like a left-over queen.

The clock struck five, I didn't know but I had fallen sleep on the couch. I couldn't exactly remember what happened.

'Homework!' I gasped. But then everything what happened during the last few hours poured into my head. I never cried in front of people, maybe my mom. But now I was alone and I was even allowed to wail if I wanted. So I cried.

Then I picked up an old book from the book shelf and started to read. But I couldn't concentrate. I threw up my hands and sighed, 'What have I done!'

I mean, what Zeus told me sort of downed to me to be true. What is people were assigned to the posts were the ones worthy of it? What if Nymphea was too young to cook? What if that Italian guy really was good and he just lost his lifelong dream? What if Andrew will die of exhaustion of work? Zeus really was a good supporter... What if I face the wrath of Hera? I knew enough of Hercules to know that...

I started to mope again. Mom came home at eight and at that time, I was doing my homework and staring at Athena's pendant whenever I felt down. I made herm y patron. I might as well wear it if it offers some protection from Hera. In fact, it was my namesake and wearing it made sense. Mom brought home some pizza. I was not in the mood of eating and I went to bed early and frankly, I dreamt of being the worst queen of Sightless and I was thrown into the Imprisonatorium.