31

If there is something you really need when you are a runaway in fairyland, it's a cloak and I brought a bundle of rubbish in my backpack while Andrew brought nothing.

'We'll have to buy one,' said Andrew.

'What about the person we are going to buy it from?'

'Then steal one.'

I gave him a glare that made him turn away and say, 'Never mind.'

Then we did a combination of both.

The town was actually a type of a crowded market place, for fairy folks. The fact made my whole body go all giddy. Well, if it's fairies, we have nothing to worry about, right?

Andrew left me at the edge of the forest while we went off with some the jewelry that I smuggled from my room into the market place. He argued that they were more prone to recognize me than him due to my specialty. Salzar left to hunt on his own, leaving me to wait for about half an hour. Andrew came back with a cloak, one for me and a pouch filled with Sightless money.

'How did you_'

'I stole a cloak from a cloth line, exchanged the jewelry, brought two Elven made cloaks and returned the cloak back in the cloth line.'

I was impressed. 'Uh... didn't you buy anything to eat?'

'I.... didn't think about that,' he said. 'Anyways, I doubt anything there is edible.'

But we decided to check anyway. The cloak was smooth and had a dark green color, it really reminded me of the cloak that Frodo wore, only that it was gray instead of green. I put on the cloak over my backpack and stored the money in the backpack too.

'This thing looks too good for commoners,' I said.

'Not if we pretend to be wood elves,' said Andrew. 'We are too tall otherwise.'

'Why not pretend to be human.'

'This is the invisible realm. You don't find humans.'

I have to keep that in mind.

Anyway, we stepped out of out hiding and headed downhill.

'Don't talk a single word when we get there,' said Andrew.

'Why?'

'You are a fairy enchantress. They will follow you like puppies if they heard you speak, much less see you. And for once in your life, try to walk a bit gracefully.'

Graceful is definitely not one of the things I'm good at.

'How?'

Andrew looked up at me. 'Don't walk like you are trying to catch a train and don't wobble up and down.'

Sure.... Is that how I walked?

When we entered the village, it was so calm and quiet with fairies zapping around, giant red and white polka dot mushrooms and tiny cottages with overgrown vines that I felt like I was on holiday. But after seeing the little pixies running around, the goblin kids playing pranks on the troll baker and seeing a big brownie swap a bunch of fairies with a fly swatter, I thought otherwise.

There was not a single sign of a market until we walked into the village for about half a mile. Then I realized that this really was a town filled with fairies. Then once we reached in sight of the marketplace, I made up my mind that this was a medieval fairy metropolitan. The streets were so crowded that a lot of scrambling fairies bumped onto my leg, yelling "watch out!". I had a constant fear that might my trample on one. Once a little pixie boy bumped his nose to me with a frown since he was running away from some sort of prank, but his frown instantly turned to awe as he saw my face. I smiled awkwardly and I have no idea how long he just stood there staring. He came to his senses once a big troll started to yell at him to come back.