17

There are a lot of creepy things and cool things about being queen. I will start with the cool things. First, you get a train of presents. Then the creepy things, first you are expected to sit on a throne that looks all pointy and hard. And second, everyone either calls you "your highness" or "your grace" which is rather off.

Right after the coronation, there was a big party and although there was mouthwatering food on the table, my feet just wouldn't go near. I spent an hour in my room, pleading  with Athena to allow me to go home.

'What will they think of you?'

'I don't fit in with the crowd,' I sobbed, hugging my knees. 'I'm scared.'

Athena sighed. 'Snap out of it! You are now a queen!'

And she pulled me back to the throne room. It was big and spacious with pillars besides it. I counted twelve on each side. Andrew came with me and it was embarrassing to have you follow your so called little brother with a terrified look on your face. People bowed as I passed by and my gaze went to the empty crystal throne. I can't believe I actually have to sit on it. Good thing they didn't put a crown on me, for I would have blacked out.

So there we were, standing in a middle of a crowd with wine glasses in hand, trying to chatter our time away. Athena spoke merrily to an African lady dressed in yellow drapes, then she nodded a goodbye and walked over to us.

'I think I'll leave,' said Andrew.

Before I could say anything, Andrew slipped away from me.

'So unfair!' I said to Athena. 'Why can't I_'

She gave me a look which told to me stop complaining.

'Ah, your highness! I was so much waiting to personally meet you.'

I actually jumped. I turned back and almost bumped to this guy who was dresses in dark green. He was tall, thin and with smoothly chopped black hair, a pointy beard and wore a long green suit with a carnation pinned to it. He held a walking stick with a golden hilt and had rings on all his fingers, all gold with many colored gems embedded on them.

He gave a courteous bow. 'Let me present myself. I'm Loki, supposedly adopted brother or Thor and Son of Odin, according to Hollywood anyway.'

It took me a while to snap my mouth shut.

'Loki,' hissed Athena under her breath.

'Why my dear Athena,' he said. 'You do look wonderful as ever. But I see your intuition is telling you that I'm here to cause trouble? Well, you are a born prodigy and you may be right.'

Athena gave out a huff. 'What do you want, Loki? If you have nothing important to say, you may leave.'

Loki tried to look surprised. 'Why! Surely I too can have a chat with the queen. I am sure you will allow me at least to share a few words, despite our differences.'

He shifted his gaze to me.

'You have nothing to say to her.'

'You are not her patron... I presume.'

Wait... I need a patron?'

Athena pursed her lips. 'True... pardon me Loki. Bitter relationships overrule me.'

'Greeks are all the same,' said Loki giving out a sigh. He then smiled at me. 'Enchantress of the Mischievous and cunning I see.'

I shrugged.

'I think a fox matches to advice you than an owl.'

'If you think the fox as yourself, I'd rather believe you are more of a snake,' I said.