4

After about a week, the neighborhood in our house didn't seem so bad. Actually, I got used to it. It was good since now at least I have someone to talk to and I wasn't scared to wander around in the house when mom was away. The fairies picked up a habit to clean my room every morning. Twinkly loved to sit on my shoulder. She just sits there so quietly that I hardly notice when I do my homework.

Some days, if Grandpa Ginger had the mood, he would tell a nice long story. On those days, everyone gathers in the basement and they didn't mind to have me.

Trevelyan still followed me around and sometimes he'd pop out of nowhere in school.

And mom, she hardly noticed anything strange going on in our house. Well, she should be home to notice anything. She was busy because of some big case. Sometimes, her job annoys me but I try to keep calm in front of her. I wonder where my Seer thing came from. I guess my father was a Seer and I wondered where he is. I always used to imagine that my dad was some sort of a British secret agent that had to leave our family to keep us safe and would someday come back to live with us when his missions are over. One day I mentioned this to mom when I was little, she didn't say a word about it, not even a reply. That's when I understood that my dad was not that sort of a person who would care much about his family.

And Andrew, I have no idea why but that kid just hated to come to school. Maybe he was busy with his 'princely' work with Salzar. Even if he does come to school occasionally, he never bothered to speak to me. I didn't like to speak to him but I needed answers. But I dreaded meeting him nevertheless.

It still feels like as if I am in a crazy endless dream that has been going on until now. I really felt like spilling everything to Isabelle. I thought long about it but wondered if it was illegal or not.

'Something is sure to happen today. Amethyst is doing homework in school!' said Isabelle one day during the interval.

With all of this going on, I even forgot what day it is and I had a periodic table to memorize.

'Honestly Amy. Is everything alright at home?'

I wish I could yell and scream "NO!"

The interval bell rang and I hastily picked up all of my books to my locker. Unexpectedly, there was Salzar in the corridor.

'His Highness requests your help,' said Salzar.

I was trying my best to ignore him. But it didn't work, whenever he got close, the dragon crept me out, is if he was searching deep inside my soul or something.

I gave a scowl, dumped my books in and banged the locker shut.

'What kind of help?'

'Follow me.'

'I have school and I have bi_'

But the dragon's stare was enough to get me going. Salzar led me to the library. Fortunately, the librarian wasn't there. Andrew must have really needed to hide since I had to squeeze into the very end of the library and the reason was very clear when I saw him.

He was a royal mess.

His messy hair was even messier, his jacket and denim were torn, like he was in the middle of a piranha attack.
He wore a very annoyed and serious look on his face and I think he had a samurai sword strapped behind him.
'You look like you have been to war,' I said.

'You think!' he snapped. He then calmed down. 'Shift to the invisible side.'

'What?'

'I said, shift to the invisible side.'