34

Wearing an elfish cloak in the middle of London seemed to make us look as if we were on our way to comic con, so we had to remove it. But removing the cloak made my head feel really conscious of my unevenly cut hair. I made a mental note never to allow Andrew to give me a haircut.

Sniff.

My hair.... I've always wanted to cut it someday, but not like this! I wanted to make it into some cool style once I get out of high school but I guess it's too late for that now that any chance for such is completely ruined thanks to a certain someone... cough... I'm not a very forgiving person.

He flinched after seeing my hair and probably my death stare.

And it was thinning pretty badly too!

Since weapons are not really allowed to be carried around in broad daylight, we wrapped them in our cloaks and carried them. My quiver does not seem to run out of arrows, but some arrows were pretty damaged so I guess they magically return back to the quiver.

I hope non one suspect our packages to be something out of the ordinary. Cleo on the other hand wanted to get back and snuggle in my back pack.

'Maybe,' said Andrew. 'We- er can get proper haircut on the way... it's not that you look horrible, you look just fine it's just that it looks pretty odd.'

'Andrew,' I said. 'We have no pressing matters to worry about and you will not remind me of my hair. Understood? Not even look at it.'

'Yes, ma'am.'

We got out of the Parliament house ground pretty much unnoticed.

And then it was London.

It looked like the simpler version of the parliament house, only with stylish lamp posts like from Narnia, telephone booths like from Doctor who and bright red Double Decker busses which reminded me of the Knight Bus from Harry Potter.

Yup, it didn't feel more surreal than that.

The shops all had glass displays with cakes, books and pasties behind them with large letters of the shop written above them. Somehow, there was a comfy feeling about being in London. It was dark and stormy outside but I liked this weather. There was a certain charm to London.

It wasn't even too crowded. Just moderately.

People pretty much ignored us and my ridiculous hair. Guess compared to what young folk have these days, mine is not too bad.

In the pawning shop, the shop keeper with his round spectacles pushed it up his nose as he eyes us suspiciously. We laid down thin and sleek silver and diamond studded necklace and a gold bracelet. It was the only jewelry that looked decent enough to be taken outside.

The man examined they jewelry for a while.

'The necklace probably worth eight thousand pounds and the bracelet... maybe six hundred pounds...'

That was more than enough.

'Will you buy them from us?' I asked.

'Sure... no problem....' Then he brought his head closer to us. 'Where did you get these, eh?'

I was about to think of a good story when Andrew steppe don my foot.

'My grandma has an operation today, it's really an emergency and we need money. So, we aren't that rich and these are the only family heirlooms left.'