Twenty One

*one week later*

Vernon's POV

   I stirred in my sleep and turned on my other side, reaching for the opposite side of the bed.

   My arm landed on an empty bed. "Seungkwan?" I bolted upright in our bed.

   I looked around the room before getting up from my bed, cool air hitting my bare chest. I put on a shirt and went to the bathroom. Seungkwan was no where to be seen.

   I brushed my teeth and washed my face then left our bedroom and hurried down the stairs.

   Jisoo Hyung sat on the couch in the living room watching tv as he gently stroked Seokmin's head resting on his lap.

   "Hyung," I walked up to them. "You know where Seungkwan is?"

   "Uh, nope." Jisoo responded with a shake of his head. "Haven't seen him."

   Seokmin sat up on the couch. "I saw him leave earlier." He added. "It looked like he was going to school but he didn't say much."

   "Thanks." I said quickly then spun around ran back up the stairs.

   "Where are you going?" Jisoo called.

   "Gonna go to school early." I called back.

   I scurried into my room to change then ran out and immediately bumped into dad.

   "What are you up to?" He grinned.

   "School." I said. "I'm going to school early."

   "You? Going to school early?" He joked.

   "I'm going to catch up to Seungkwan." I added.

   Dad smiled and patted my head. "Okay, go. Be careful." He cautioned. "You know how paranoid when one of you kids go out alone."

   I nodded then ran down the stairs and out the door.

Seungkwan's POV

   "What the hell are you up to?" I muttered to myself as I kept an eye on a girl who paced back and forth in front of Vernon's locker.

   I hid around the corner as the girl continued to play guard dog in front of my boyfriend's locker. Brother? Boyfriend? Doesn't matter. He's mine.

   After a moment she stopped and slid a piece of paper through the cut at the top of the locker.

   The sound of footsteps grew louder behind me, but my mind was too clouded with other thoughts that I didn't hear it.

   "Seungkwan!" I jumped when a hand hit my shoulder.

   I turned, face to face with Vernon. He smiled, his perfect features making my heart race, and pecked me on the lips.

   "Why'd you come to school so early?" He asked.

   Some sort of frustration grew within me and I remembered why I was there earlier than usual.

   I broke we contact. "N-No reason."

   He seemed to become more cautious, realizing my sour attitude. "Boo, are you okay?"

   He took my hand but I instantly pulled away.

   "I'll see you later.." I hissed and stormed off.

•••
Hi, this may not be the best, but at least the book will be completed soon and I can finally Rest In Peace.

Credits to
Carateu_Jiu
for the plot ideas