[4] The Abandoned Part

Flashback

Andy's P. O. V.

I looked at the clock. 9 PM. "It's time" I thought. I put on a hoodie and some jeans since I didn't know how warm it would be. I quietly walked down the hallway. It was quiet. I don't think we were supposed to be out of our rooms at this time, but there weren't any attendants keeping an eye out either, so I could easily make my way to the bathroom. The building was big though and I took 3 wrong turns before finally reaching the Bathrooms. When I got there I saw that Amanda and Charlotte were already waiting for me. "You're late" Charlotte grunted. "Sorry" I muttered, not wanting to admit that I had gotten lost. "So Andrew, are you afraid of the dark?" she asked with a mysterious smirk. I shook my head. "Good, cause it's about to get dark" she grinned pulling out a flashlight. Instead of heading towards the bathroom she went the other way, to a door that said 'Private, do not enter'. "You're not supposed to go there" I said. She gave me a 'really?' look. "That's the point dumbass now if you get over your fear of displeasing the attendants, follow me" she sighed and opened the door. I followed Charlotte and Amanda trough several dark corridors with metal pipes on the sides untill we came at a door. Charlotte opened the door and turned on a light switch. I looked around. It was a huge machine room. There were giant colour-coded pipes attached to enormous boilers. I had to admit, it was impressive. "Cool stuff right?" Charlotte grinned. "All of the electricity, water and gas is regulated in this room, but that's not the reason we're here" she went on and walked to the cabin in the middle of the room and signalled for me to follow her. It was a small cabin with closets full of big manuals and a desk with a map or more specifically, a plan. "This is a plan of the entire building. Amanda and I memorised the whole thing. We know our way around here better than the architect himself" she explained. "That's cool I guess, but don't people come here? We could get caught" I stammered. As stupid as it sounded I did not want to get kicked out of a summercamp. Charlotte rolled her eyes. I was pretty convinced she didn't actually want me to come along. "See that bathroom over there? Takz a look at it and tell me for how long it hasn't been cleaned. That should assure you" she said sarcasticly. "Come on, the best is yet to come" Amanda laughed. The narrow corridor continued and ended in a long storage room and a staircase. "You need to be quiet here. People still come here to store stuff, so we have to make sure no one sees us" Amanda whispered to me. We quietly crossed the storage room and went upstairs. It was just like the dormrooms, but empty. It smelled dusty. "Impressive isn't it. Can you believe that almost 3/4 of this building is empty? It's amazing" Amanda sighed. It was really cool indeed. "Why is it abandoned?" I wondered. "Oh I don't know, they started to renovate it once but stopped for whatever reason. It's pretty cool though. There's this one room with an old football and a blackboard. We often hang there" Charlotte answered. "But since you're new, we're gonna show you everything. All the way to the attic" she added with a smile. There were several more empty hallways and the attic was really cool too. In some rooms we found stuff that workers must've left behind such as old maquettes of the building or an empty McDonald's cup. The bathrooms looked a lot nicer than the ones in the used part of the building in my opinion. But there was one scary thing though. In every hall we found at least one dead bird. "What are all these birds even doing here" Amanda whimpered. "Don't get all scared over some birds. They probably flew in though an open window, got lost and died of starvation" Charlotte retorded making a dismissive gesture. By the end of the tour it was already midnight, and the only Light came from Charlotte's flashlight. "Allright last hallway" she said and opened the door to the hall widely. Just like a few other halls most of the doors were open and I looked inside as we walked past it,when something caught my eye. "Guys look" I signalled Charlotte to shine her flashlight at the room. "What?" she asked confusedly. "There's plants on the windowsill" I said, pointing at the collection of exotic plants. Charlotte shrugged. "So?" "How can these plants still be alive if there's no one to take care of them" I explained. Both Amanda and Charlotte gave me a puzzled look, then there eyes widened. "There's someone up here" Amanda whispered. "Yeah I know but where" I replied. "No seriously be quiet, I hear someone" she hissed. We all went quiet and heard a snorting noise. How did we miss it before. "We have to see who it is" Charlotte decided. "Are you crazy!?" Amanda hissed at her friend. "If you're too scared, then fine, I'll go on my own. At least I'm not a scared little sissy" she hissed. She handed Amanda her flashlight and snuck towards the room. She carefully opened the door and went inside. Amanda shuffled closer to me, she was clearly scared. "After what seemed like an eyernity Charlotte tippy-toed back to us. "What did you see?" I asked. "We need to go back. I'll tell you there" she whispered. As sson as we got back to the bathrooms Charlotte told us. "It's the homeless guy" she spoke. "Wait are you sure?" Amanda gasped. "I'd recognise that creep anywhere. He was asleep next to a laptop with some very innapopriate movie playing" Charlotte confirmed. "So what now?" I asked. "We're going back tomorrow. By day. When he leaves to steal food, we'll investigate his room. See if he stole more than food if you know what I mean" Amanda and I tried to reason with her, but we ended up going along with Charlottes plan anyway.

Author's note
Ooooooh interesting! So untill this point it was all accurate memory. I did actually go to a place were me and some friends went exploring in the abandoned parts of the building, and there were dead birds all over the place. Kinda creepy tbh. Aaaand there was a homeless guy wich we were scared of lmao. We did try to bring him cake at new years eve but then he wasn't there and we were dissapointed lol! The picture is from the real thing. Enjoy some more bad quality pics of the secret exploring trips bc why the hell not:

 Enjoy some more bad quality pics of the secret exploring trips bc why the hell not:

Hell yeah I'm the explorer! 😂😎See ya later alligator!

See ya later alligator!

-Manon