[25] The Last Goodbye

Andy's P. O. V.
The boys left eventually, but I stayed with Rye till I was forced to leave due to visiting hours being over. After that I came to visit him everyday. I was actually happy. Because Rye proposed to me. I couldn't believe I was engaged now. To Rye Beaumont! The love of my life. If the situation were different it would've been even better ofcourse, but he was safe. He'd make it and this whole mess would be over.

I fiddled with my car keys as I searched where I parked my car. I found it, to see Charlotte leaning against it. Her curly hair was still dyed brown. My breathing sped up. It was her. The woman that shot him. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't call the cops on you right now!" I hissed. Charlotte smiled. "I can't, that's why I'm here" she said. "You could've killed my boyfriend" I growled. "Oh don't be silly Andrew I missed his heart on purpose. I knew he'd make it, I just wanted to see that scared expression on your face. Very satisfying" she said with a heartlessly calm tone. "Why are you here" I spat. "Because I needed to make things clear. I had my revenge now, so I won't be bothering you after this, so a few more minutes can't hurt now can it?" she answered. "You'd be suprised how much it can hurt for you" I hissed my fists clenched. "I stayed with Amanda for the past few days. She helped me. She'll make a fine psychologist or whatever. Now I got my revenge out of the way I was able to let go of some of my anger. It helped me see. It wasn't your fault Shay died after all... It was mine" she said. I was startled. Did I hear that right? Did she say it was her fault? "If one person should be blamed at all, it has to be me" she went on. "I should've let her join me on a previous exploring trip. Even it it were even once, she might've been alive today. Instead of treating her like an unknowing toddler. It should've been me. I should've died, not her. And I should've seen that you and Amanda were hurting too. But I didn't want to. I refused to believe it was me. So I blamed it on you, and I believed it. Now I know better." she sighed." Do you know what day it is?" she continued. "It would've been Shays Birthday today" Charlotte looked at something in the distance as tears welled up in her eyes. "She would've turned nineteen today" she wiped her nose and shook her head, as if she wanted to shake off the emotion. "I'm going to France. Live there with my grandparents in Givet. You won't see me again. Goodbye Andrew. Have a good life. Be happy with Rye, he seems like a good guy" she turned around and walked away. Right before she dissapeared out of sight she turned around. "Oh and I lied by the way. You do look better as a blonde" she said, and then walked away. After that I never saw her again. I didn't know why I let her walk away. I guess I just wanted it to be over already. It felt like I could finally let go of it all. The voices were finally satisfied and left. Over time I'd find it in my heart to forgive Charlotte, but for now I just stood on the almost empty parking lot, dumbfounded about what I just heard.

Authors note
I rewrote this chapter four times before I was finally happy with it.
Tomorrow the will be the last chapter already. I don't wanna end it already! 😭

Please vote and leave a comment, I really appreciate it💞💞💞

See you tomorrow for the last chapter (noooooo)
Salute! 🙋

-Manon