[26] Back To Normal

Andy's P. O. V.
The doorbell rang. As I opened it I saw Amanda. "Hi" I said. "Hi Andy" she replied. "How is Rye?" she asked. "He's good, we can pick him up this afternoon" I smiled. Amanda gave me a faint smile, and sighed. "I'll just get to the point. I came to apologise. I've been hiding Charlotte away" she said looking down. "I already knew. Why did you do it" I asked. "I don't know... I thought she would change, but she didn't... Not in the right way" Amanda muttered. "Why didn't you turn her in" I asked. "I could ask you the same question" she replied. "I don't know... I just wanted it to be over" I sighed. "Then we understand each others decision" she said. "It's finally over" I said. "Are you happy" she asked. "I am, but I feel so tired" I said. She nodded. "I know exactly what you mean" she answered, giving me a hug. "Will you be able to continue your studies?" I asked. "I hope so. I'll do anything to pass my finals. Even if I have to work for it till I drop dead, I won't miss my shot" she said. "That's the Amanda I know" I chuckled. "Yeah... Back to normal again" she muttered. "Andy? Last year, when I told you I was in love with you. How did you feel?" she suddenly asked. Why would she bring that up suddenly? "I don't know... Suprised, and weird maybe. But I told myself I wouldn't let things get awkward and I put myself over it. Why do you ask?" I said. "Oh yeah, that makes sense... I mean, of all people you'd understand right. With Rye" she muttered, avoiding my question. "Is everything okay Amanda? It feels like something is bothering you" I asked. "Yeah I'm fine. I'll handle myself" she replied with a smile that I knew was fake, but I decided not to ask any further. "Well, good luck then. Take care" I said hugging her. "Idem" she said.

~evening~
Rye was finally out of the hospital. He was back, here with me. I took him back to the forest he took me once. We quietly walked over the fallen leaves that seemed to be there the whole year through. "How are you feeling?" I asked. "Tired" he answered. "Same" I sighed. "Thank you for all the visits while I was stuck in the hospital" he said. "That's okay, I did it with pleasure" I smiled. "How are you Andy" he asked, putting an arm around me. I shrugged. "I feel weird" I confessed. "Where's Charlotte" he asked. "Gone" I simply answered. "I can't believe it's finally over" I sighed. "Hey, I'm not complaining" Rye said. "That's true, things can go back to normal again" I smiled and looked at the engagement ring around my finger that he had given me. "I'm happy you're here with me again" I mumbled. We stopped at the shore of a lake, where we cuddled up together on the ground, watching the ducks. "There are so many things I could relive" Rye muttered. "Oh yeah? What?" I asked. "I'd go back to the day that we first kissed" Rye answered smiling. "Hold on are you quoting the lyrics from 'I wasn't worried?" I laughed. "You got me" he laughed. God I missed the sound of his laugh. "I' ll be there trough every single emotion" he whispered. "I' ll be there, to guide is trough every stop" I continued. "I'll be there, with all my love and devotion" he went on. "I'll be there, when you call" I mumbled. "I wasn't worried, 'cause I knew you were mine" Rye mumbled, humming the melody slightly. "I love you Rye" I mumbled in the crook of his neck. "I love you too Fovvlar" he said, giving me a small kiss on the cheek.

~The End~

Authors note
This is it guys. The story is officially finished. I'm a little sad it is, but I might start a new one in summer, when my exams are over. By then it'll probably already be August since I'll be travelling a lot in July. Like so much morz than usual and I'm really looking forward to that ngl.

Thank you all soooooooo much for all the love and support on my story I am so gratefull to have you all! I really enjoyed writing this and tbh I consider this my best story so far😊💞💞💞

Thank you so much to lucyxbeaumont fellinisc LeoTheSmolLion mariapr4 jaded43 Azlyen mkheir chanduu95 roadie_forlife SethTaru marsyawin ilikeroadtrip and many others for voting for this story and giving me such nice reactions💞💞💞

I love you all. Once again thank all of you guys so much for this because this actually means the world to me💞💞💞

See you on the flipside! 🌵

-Manon 💞