[17] Powerless

Andy's P.O.V.
I checked instagram to see if Charlotte messaged me. Did she know where I lived too? Yup, there was a message from Charlotte.

Charlotte: I went shopping at a black market today...
Charlotte:Look what treasure I found
Charlotte sent an image

I clicked the attachement and it showed me a picture of a small handgun.  It was a jet black model with a red rose just above the handle. My breath hitched. Would she really go this far?

Charlotte: Just look at that beauty, pretty cool right?
Charlotte: It almost has a certain elegance to it don't you think?
Andy: Don't come anywhere near me or my friends with that thing
Charlotte: But then who am I going to use it on? Would be ashame if it would just stay in my drawer
Andy: I will hand you over to the cops
Charlotte: With what evidence? Some pathetic memories? This chat history? Oh wait, the chat history doesn't exist.

What did she mean? Oh no. I scrolled up the chat and I only saw messages by me. All of hers were gone. I tried to click the attachement but all I got was 'this message has been deleted'. She was right. I was powerless.

Charlotte: Speechless are we??
Charlotte: Anyways see you soon Andy. Very soon...

One by one I watched the messages dissapear from the screen before I had the change to screenshot them. I huffed in frustration. Soon... What would she mean by soon? She robably wasn't going to go up to our house, she would've done that by now. Same goes for the studio. The tour! We were going on tour soon. But they woudln't let her in with a weapon. Altough...  What if she would?

Amanda's P.O.V.
In my head I was already counting down the last seconds before classs was over. I scammed trough my notes one last time to make sure I got everything that the professor had taught us today. Content, I sorted them in chronological order and waiting for the professor to end the lesson.

Right before I was about to walk out of the classroom the professor stopped me. "Ms. Vale, I need to talk to you. About your attitude" he said. I nodded and waited till the other students had left the classroom. "You need to work on your attitude ms. Vale. Lately you have been showing up to class looking luke a zombie and you aren't as sharp as you were at the start of the year. Do you have any problems at home?" he asked furrowing his grey eyebrows. "My friend is... being threatened by a crazy girl who recently bought a gun to kill his boyfriend!... going through stuff" I decided to say. "Well... Your friend can find help from someone else. But helping him isn't worth failing your studies" he said. "It's complicated, he really needs my help right now, but I can make it. I can complete my studies with no trouble" I assured the old man. He sighed. "Listen ms. Vale. You are a strong young woman. And you are very smart, I can see that. But whatever you are doing in your free time, it's taking up too much of your energy. Energy that is vital to be able to learn here. And if you want to succeed this year and eventually get a job in psychology in a few years, you will have to give more attention and input into your studies. It is either your friends problem, or your education. You will have to make a decision wich is more important to you" with those words he ended his speech. I slowly nodded. "Understood" The professor nodded and let me leave.

Once I got home I immediatly continued my work, not my school work, my SECRET work. See, I had been doing research to find Charlottes location. The professors' words echoed in my ears, but I ignored them. My head said I should focus on university, but my gut feeling told me to do this. Charlotte lived in Newcastle, so there was no way she probably wouldn't drive all the way to here and risk being caught in her house if her plan would fail. So she was probably staying in a hotel. At the moment I had already checked 2 hotels in the area. Both had been negative. But there was a restaurant that said they had a girl with red curls dining there. So I was on the right path. I'd find her. I didn't know what I was going to do when I found her, but I would find her and find a way to stop her.

Auhtors note
Soooo Charlotte just got more dangerous, and Amanda is onto her. Let's hope this ends well...

I've got loads of work to do so I'm ginna keep it short today.

See you all tomorrow (hopefully)
Salute! 🙋
(P. S. Can you guess why I always say salute? 😏)

-Manon