Chapter 5

Sal's POV

I stood there as I watched her walk away. I knew today she would've been emotional, so I didn't want to follow her as I knew that would make her more upset. I ran back inside, wiping away my tears and took a deep breath.
"Where's the new girl?" Another producer asked. "Doesn't she realise she has a job?" The producers joked.
"Just leave her alone, today's a tough day for her!" I shouted back.
"Someone's defensive" Q joked.
"Is she alright. I didn't mean to upset her" Murr said. I did feel bad for him. He didn't know but he should've kept quiet.
"You didn't upset her. Today is a tough day for her" I replied.
"Why?" Joe asked. I definitely didn't want to betray her trust by telling them, so I kept quiet.
"It just is" I said.
"You look upset as well!" Murr pointed out. I just ignored his comment.
"You do!" Q said.
"Look can we start filming?!" I asked. The guys nodded as we began to film the challenge.

***
Filming stopped around 6pm and most of the crew went home. Murr and Joe were sat down talking and Q was on his phone and so was I. I was texting Emily to make sure she was okay, but she didn't reply. I convinced myself she just hasn't seen the texts, but I know she is ignoring me.
"I'm gonna go and see Emily" Murr said.
"Look, not today" I told him, as I knew she wants to be alone.
"Why not?" Murr asked.
"Today is a really tough day for her and she wants to be alone" I told him.
"But why? I think your jealous that she fancies me!" Murr said. I laughed.
"That's not what she told me!" I said to him.
"What do you mean?" Murr asked.
"Look, guys calm down" Q said standing in between us.
"Maybe you should both not try to date her!" Joe said.
"It's just gonna cause issues for you both!" Q said.
"So neither of us can have her!" Murr sulked.
"Have her? She's not an object!" I shouted.
"STOP!" Q shouted. "Why would she want to go out with either of you when your arguing all the time!" Q added. Me and Murr both realised that he had a point.
"Okay" me and Murr said in unison.
"Now I would love to go home and see my kids, so goodnight" Joe said.
"I'm going too" Murr said. After that me and Q decided to leave.
As I was walking home, I kept thinking about Emily. What if she is really upset? I wanted to see her. I wasn't breaking any rules technically... I'm just being a good friend.

With that in mind, I made my way over to her place. On the way, I stopped at the corner shop. I picked up some chocolates, popcorn and ran over to her place. I was freezing, as it was still snowing. I walked up her steps and knocked on the door.

Emily's POV
I was looking through pictures of me and my dad when the door knocked. I got up, wiped away the tears hanging on my eyes, then opened it up to see Sal. I wasn't mad at him- I was mad at myself.
"Hey" he said. "I wanted to see how you were!?" Sal said. He noticed the tears in my eyes becoming more heavier and hugged me. He rested his chin on my head, as I nestled my head on his chest. He gently rubbed my back to calm me down. He was the best at giving hugs.
"Do you wanna come in?" I asked him.
"Yeah please" he replied. He instantly made me feel better. My tears were gone. I didn't feel as upset anymore. He was like.. a cure.

He came in and took his shoes off and followed me in the living room. On the coffee table was pictures of me and my dad together. I sat on the floor in front of the table, and Sal sat behind me on the sofa.
"You look so young in that photo" Sal said, picking one up.
"I was... seven I think" I replied.
"Aww" Sal said. Sal placed his hands on my shoulders, and I let my head fall back to rest on his legs.
"How come your holding a daisy in every photo with him?" Sal asked. I lightly laughed then replied
"He would always make me hold a daisy, he said it represents his love for me. I never understood what he meant but I suppose it's quite cute. Whenever I see Daisy's it reminds me of him" I said.
For a while me and Sal looked through photos, but then I packed them away.
"Do you wanna watch a film?" I asked him.
"Sure. That reminds me, I got loads of food for us" Sal said, handing me the bag.
"Your so kind" I said to him. I threw the chocolates in some bowls and let Sal chose a movie. Surprisingly he picked a rom-com which I wasn't expecting. He sat on the right side of the sofa, and I sat on the left, a lot of space between us. It came to the part of the film where the two main character kiss for the first time. I turned to Sal who was looking at me, and we both awkwardly laughed. Sal's arm was resting on the back of the sofa, so I took the opportunity to  crawl by his side, and cuddle up to him. I wrapped my arms around him and nestled my head on his chest.  He wrapped both arms around me and soon after we fell asleep, intertwined in each other's arms.