Chapter 12

As I sat there, staring down at her I felt so many emotions overwhelm me. I couldn't bare to see her laying so helplessly. I was still holding onto her hand, when Murr came up with a reasonable idea.
"Maybe we should cal Emily's family. Sal mentioned her sister lived here, and we could call her mum and dad" Murr suggested. As soon as he said 'dad' the word hit me like a knife.  
"Just her mum and sister" I interrupted. 
"I think her dad has a right to know" Joe said to me.
"He passed away a while ago" I told them.
The room filled with silence.
"But we still need to tell her family.
"Of course!" Murr said. "Her sister might still be at Emily's house" Murr said. "I won't be long, I'll get them" Murr said, picking up his coat.

Me, Q and Joe sat in the hospital room. I just couldn't help but look down at Emily and just hope she would open up her eyes. I could tell Joe wanted to go home because he kept looking at his phone; and he felt bad about leaving.
"Sal.. do you mind if I.." Joe began.
"Of course you can go" i said with a smile.
"If you need anything, just call me" Joe told me. i nodded and watched him leave.
"You too, if you want to go Q" i said to him.
"No, i want to stay here just in case she wakes up. And for you!" Q replied.
"Thanks, I appreciate it" i said. As soon as i finished my sentence, the door swung open. I turned around, still not letting go of her hand, and saw Murr walk in with Gemma, and Emily's mum.
"My poor baby" Emily's mum said, walking over to Emily. I felt a bit awkward there, but I wasn't going to leave, no matter who was there. I looked up and saw Emily's mum crying. I pulled out a pack of tissues from my pocket and passed them to her.
"Thank you" she said to me. "I'm Mary, Emily's mother" she introduced herself to me.
"Nice to meet you, I'm Sal, Emily's..... friend" i said. I saw Q and Gemma give me a look of sympathy as they knew how i felt about her.
"Shes luck to have a friend like you" Mary said, which made a small smile appear on my face.
"Thank you" i replied.

After that, Emily's doctor walked in.
"We have some news..." he began.