First Light

Chapter 21. 

My eyes shot open from all the screaming I heard blast through my ears. I looked around, only to find myself alone, in a bed, my bed. Instantly I grabbed my head with my left hand and hissed in pain. It seriously felt like my brain was demanding it's escape. 

"SHE'S IN FUCKING DANGER HARRY! SHE'LL BE IN EVEN MORE DANGER IF YOU'RE GONE." 

"I DON'T FUCKING CARE ZAYN. ALEC NEEDS TO BE DEALT WITH ONCE AND FOR ALL." 

I heard their constant yelling back and forth, for what seemed to be ages. I stood up slowly, letting my feet ease onto the ground as I held my head with my hand through my tangled curls, and made my way through my room, down the hallway to the living room where all the noise was coming from. 

I stood back a bit, seeing things fly back from being thrown from their hands. I had to keep my distance, otherwise, with my kind of luck, my head would've been sliced off.

"HARRY. CALM THE FUCK DOWN AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE DOING" 

I saw Harry turn around with a speed I've never seen before. His eyes were reddening by the second, a deep blood red color blurring through his eyes. His eyebrows were furrowed deeply down. He moved up, grabbing Zayn by his neck holding him up slightly causing me to jump. 

This wasn't Harry. this was the beast inside of him. The thing I feared the most about him, the thing HE feared the most. Like Zayn said prior, like a flip of a switch, he becomes a whole other person, by someone else's actions.

"I CAN'T LET HER GO AGAIN ZAYN. DON'T YOU FUCKING KNOW THAT?! I LOST HER ONCE. I'M NOT DOING IT AGAIN. I CAN'T LOOSE KATHERINE."

Suddenly I froze, and I felt my breath hitch in the back of my throat. I took a step forward looking at him. 

"So, you really think I am her?" My voice cracked. "You think I'm Katherine?"

Harry's face instantly softened as he turned to face me, his mouth was slightly agape as his eyes met mine. 

"N-No. I-I mean." He struggled to speak as he let go of Zayn's throat, setting him on the ground. 

He took a step closer to me, and I took a step back. I watched as his eyes faded from the once red color, back to his original green.

"So that's why this all started, you really thought I was her?" My eyebrows furrowed more as I turned my head, then turned them back to face him. "Victoria was right, you're fucking obsessed! You RUINED my life for MONTHS because of your damn fucking obsession!" I spoke now as the tears threatened to run down my cheeks. 

"It's not like that" He sighed, "It just came out wrong, I'm sorry." 

"You're not sorry" I shook my head, I was beyond furious, I was hurt, sad, tired, hungry, and angry. At him. He used me, confused me, he even CAPTURED me. All because he wanted me to be who he's been thinking of for hundreds of years. "Y-You knew. You knew I wasn't her yet you told me I was just to make me stay! You even dressed me up like your little doll! You know I was this close to believing you Harry, this fucking close" I screamed as I held my fingers not even an inch apart. 

I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, not even really noticing tears were flowing down my cheeks until Zayn put his hand on my shoulder. Harry just stood there, staring at me, not doing anything as he bit on the inside of his lip. His brown curls were swooped to the left side of his head and his eyes were circled with dark circles, probably from the lack of sleep. But that didn't fucking matter. 

I didn't fucking care. 

I looked down, then back up at Harry, speaking to him as my voice cracked once more as I tried to hold back my screams. "Just tell me. Tell me this was for a whole another reason, tell me you kept me here with you for a whole other reason than the thought of me being her."