viii.

Throughout the whole car ride, my stomach turned into knots. As if it was participating in the summer Olympics for gymnastics, because my insides kept flipping and doing somersaults.

But it was a huge mixture of nervousness and hunger. I tried my best not to bite on my nails or chip my nail polish off them. I constantly reminded myself that I had to look presentable for this.

Besides, I hated sitting in the backseat, in the middle of two six foot whatever gaints. I felt my legs constantly being squished, along with several nudging fights for space. And it would not have been a big deal if I were sitting in between Luke and Michael, or was all the way at the window, so I can just mindlessly look outside.

"Are we almost there yet?!" I whined, letting out a sigh. Ashton's eyes peered from the mirror.

"You asked me that literally two minutes ago. We'll be there soon." He replied. I folded my arms.

I mean, I can easily take out my phone and play some little games here and there, but it became awkward with Calum looking over my shoulder and trying to start conversation. We were on good-ish terms, but everything wasn't back to normal.

Luke, on the other hand, had one ear-bud in his ear, his beanie over his eyes, and his elbow, prompting his head up as he rested.

Along with Michael, who had both ear-buds, blasting music as he slept. I'm surprised he is not deaf yet. But I commend him a bit, he still managed to keep the same hair color for this meeting.

So the only ones up in this car was Calum, Ashton, and I. I couldn't have too deep conversations with Ashton since he was driving and the last thing I would want is for us to get in a car crash or something.

Calum let out a little bursts of laughter as he continue to text on his phone. The only friends he really had were in the car and call me the next Einstein or something but, half of them are sleeping, a fourth of them is driving, and the last fourth is still trying to figure out where your relationships stands. Who possibly could he be talking to, his mom?

He kept letting soft chuckles with every text message he received and for some odd reason, it pissed me off. I tried my best to look at the name over the conversation, peering from the corner of my eyes until it hurt. I was trying to make it as not obvious as possible.

"Jenni" it read with a stupid heart, kissey face with heart, and smirk face emoji. I scoffed and let out a gag, which was much louder than I expected.

"Are you alright?" Ashton asked, turning his head back, as we were stopped at red light. I nodded.

"Um, yeah I'm fine" My words pitched.

The light turned green, but he continued to alternate from looking at the road, to looking at the mirror to talk to me. His eyebrows raised.

"Your voiced squeaked." He pointed out.

"Um, it's because I'm thirsty." I put my hand near my throat and massaged it for dramatic effect.

"You're a terrible liar." He says. I leaned over and pushed his shoulder a bit, causing him to laugh. I leaned back into my chair and like the petty person I am, I still looked over to Calum's messages.

Jenni: So, about the dance next week.

I rolled my eyes.

Calum: What about it....?

Gag

Jenni: I need a date, you need a date. I'm not good at math but, no date plus no date equals lets go together.