vi.

dedicated to -lilac who's writing is amazing and has brillant fanfic ideas. check her out!

--

"Horror!" Michael shouted at me.

"Comedy!" I yelled back, inching closer to him. In my left hand, I held a collection of probably some of funniest movies of this century.

My amazing collection consist of Superbad, 40 Year Old Virgin, Easy A, and of course my all time favorite, 21 Jump Street, and no, it's not because of Channing Tatum. He just happens to be a bonus.

In Michael's right hand, list of bunch of horror movies that he was fascinated by and would probably make me shit my pants. They were utterly disturbing movies, but Michael's a, lack of a better word, unique child.

Luke, Ashton, and Calum, sat there all amused. So far there was a tie between the two genres. Luke has sided with me, choosing the comedies, while Calum sided with Michael, which was odd. Calum wasn't a huge fan of horror, but if this was an attempt to get me scared so I could curl up into his chest, he certainly failed. Now it was up to Ashton, which I managed from going from his not so good side, to his really good side.

"I don't know. I mean, the comedies sound amazing, "Ashton says, noting my collection causing me to smirk at Michael.

"However, the horror don't seem so bad." his turned his attention to Michael, who was sticking his tongue out at me, claiming his win,.

"Horrors it is." Michael gloats.

"Woah!" I stopped him, "he never decided." I folded my arms into my chest. Ashton groaned loudly, and began to murmur 'eenie meenie minie moe' to himself.

"Comedies." he answered, pointing to me. I jumped on excitement as Michael sulked his way onto a beanbag, tossing his movies else where.

"Oh, yeah, I win." I bragged to Michael, singing a little tune while dancing in his face. He immediately grabbed me by the legs, tackling me to the ground.

"Say uncle." He teased, pinning me down. I struggled out of his grip, but he was too strong. I soon gave up.

"Uncle." I yelped. He smirked, releasing me.

"Ok, enough, the movie is starting." Luke says, calming everything down. Thank god the first movie to start us off was my all time favorite, 21 Jump Street.

---

The movie was halfway in. It was the scene when they were throwing the huge party at their house.

"Pound of Coke?"

"We are trying to show them a good time, not ruin their fucking lives!

"Pound of Marijuana?"

"Best party ever!"

I laughed loudly at the part, mouthing the words slightly. I noticed that with every laugh that escaped my lips, caused Calum to smile a bit.

I mean, I may not have spidey senses, but it isn't that hard to notice what someone was doing in a room with only five people.

"I'm going to, um, refill the chips." I lied.

"They're not even half way done." Luke responded.

"So, the more chips, the merrier!" I came up with another lie, chuckling anxiously. I was hoping my voice would not pitch higher, because then they would sense that something was up.

"But you're going to miss the best part-"

"Luke, don't worry, I've seen this movie a million times. I assure you, I will walk downstairs and say the lines of the scene in perfect timing." I get out of my criss-cross state, quickly jolting upstairs.

I soon hear soft mumbles and foot steps behind me.

"Following me Hood?" I ask, not turning around, reaching for the chips which happened to be on the highest shelf.

"No. Here let me help." he offers, reaching the chips for me. I silently thank him. No one of us talked, as I refilled the chips, and I hate awkward silence.

"Ok, this can't happen." I began, gesturing at the two of us. A confused looked was planted on his face. I groaned loudly.

"We had a great thing, like a really great thing. And then it ended and things got really complicated. Then, suddenly you become the biggest douche ever, which I know for a fact you're not. And we become like sworn enemies and then you say you loved me." I rambled. My eyebrows raised, "That's not okay and this can't happen."

I tried to make it as clear as possible to him. He bit onto his bottom lip before saying,

"How do you know that it can't happen?" He smirked, inching closer to me.

I opened my mouth to say something, but I was left flabbergasted.

He inched closer and he probably had some damn good spidey sense because I could tell he could feel my heart beating faster than the speed of light.

He began to lean it, and it was a hard battle, fighting the urge and instinct to want to lean in and kiss him back. I leaned back, pushing our bodies away from each other.

"No." I whispered, "If you really want me, and if you really loved me like you said you did, prove it." I stared coldly at him.

"You're really going to make me do this?" He scoffed. I nodded. "I could literally get anyone I want and I'm basically choosing you and you're going to make me do all of that."

"Mhmm, I mean, you can give up on me now. We can continue to always bicker and never get along while you can go on and screw as much girls as you want, while trying not to get her pregnant, or worse case scenario, you get some STD." I told him in one breath.

"Or?" he questions, wanting me to continue.

"Or you can prove it. Prove that you want me, that you loved or love me. Prove that we didn't waste all the time together for nothing." I whisper back at him before turning my heel and heading back downstairs.

---

This weekend was my last weekend on punishment, thank god. It surely went by fast, which I liked. I did all my homework (which was a lot by the way), had a few song writing sessions, along with several hours of netflix and sleep.

"Ok guys, what are we practicing?" I asked, helping Michael tune his guitar. The boys all exchanged looks.

"Actually, we want to show you this new song we worked on over the weekend." Ashton tells me.

"Wait, what?" I asked shocked. "I mean, I know I don't physically do anything in the band because of my terrible stage fright that has scarred me since the grade 7 musical."

It was my turn to sing my solo in the song, I threw up everywhere. It was tragic.

"But I'm still a part of this." I pouted. Michael came over to retrieve his guitar.

"Actually, Calum wrote the song." Luke says, adjusting his mic.

"And he said not to tell you" Michael whispers. Calum nudges him a bit.

I looked over to Calum sternly.

"The song is called, "If You Don't Know." Ashton mentions. I sighed loudly.

"Well play it then. Hopefully, Calum will be so good at song writing, I won't need to write as much." I bitterly joked.

They began playing, and I was surprised on how the instrumental was so far. Then Luke began to sing, and Jesus, this boy never fails to amaze me. If there a condition where you nearly get orgasmic from someone's singing, I surely did have that (until I got immune of course).

"Let's forget the past

I swear we'll make this last

Cos' I remember the taste of your skin tonight

And the way that you looked, you had those eyes

I remember the way I felt inside" Calum sang, causing me really analyze the lyrics.

Once it made to the chorus, everything dawned to me.

He was trying to prove it.

---

silly update