xvii.

"You know, I feel really bad about canceling." I told him, pacing around my room, biting my nails. I heard his soft chuckle from the other side of the phone.

"Scarlet it's okay, we can always go on our second date another time." he reassures me, sighing a bit. I knew in the back of my mind that Nathan was bummed that I canceled last minute, and so was I, but there was a ton of things I needed to figure out.

"Yeah I know, but I still feel bad." I whined a bit. He chuckled once again, sending chills throughout my body.

"Mhmm, just go to your therapy session okay." I could feel him smiling through the phone before he hung up.

I'm surprised he brought the 'I totally forgot about my appointment lie', since I'm such a terrible liar, but I hated lying to him. I hate lying in general.

But after my talk with Calum last night, I decided to go with him to his physical therapy session, for moral support, so I wasn't completely lying.

Michael: you two have the weirdest relationship you know that

Me: oh shut up

Luke: michael wasn't lying

Ashton: one second " omfg i luvz you so much cal " " lolz luv u 2 scar" *has sex every 2 seconds* and then next thing you know " I HATE YOU , YOU NEVER LOVED ME YOU DOUCHE."

Ashton: make up your minds damn

Me: oh totally feeling the love guys

Calum: stfu all of you

Michael: can u feel it

Michael : can u feel the love

Luke: nothing feels better than feeling the love

Ashton: every body knows that when push comes to shove

Luke: nOTHING FEELS BETTER THAN FEELING THE LOVE

Calum: SHUT THE HELL UP

Ashton: hey don't swear

Calum: bye

Me: well i can tell you three have been watching that's so raven a ton lately.

I was already laughing as I got all myself together for the session.

"Chris I'm leaving!" I shout. I'm glad that Chris moved back into my mom's house after the accident. My parents split when I was roughly 12 and until recently, Chris thought he really needed to spend some time with my father. I respected his desecion, but I missed him loads.

I haven't driven a car in a really long time. I get completely anxious at just the sight of one, my palms starting to perspirate as my heart beats harshly on my ribcage. Unwanted flashbacks playback in my of my mind and the horrid sounds of burning parts and pleading sobs is on constant replay like a broken cassette. I could stand there silently, but I'm a screaming nervous wreck on inside.

I'm not fine at all, but I take deep breathes and continue walking. Even with the faint sounds of cars passing by, I focus on the path familiar to me as I walk to Calum's house. And the soft tunes of My Chemical Romance softly plays and I feel a bit better.

"You know you shouldn't be walking to my house. It's like mile and a half walk." Mali yells at me, her jeep slowly following me as I walked on the sidewalk.