xviii.

"You guys are already sickening." Ashton groaned, rolling his eyes at Calum and I. I giggled, burying my face to omit the sounds of my laugh in the crook of Calum's neck.

He's taken advantage of his wheelchair, constantly pulling me into his lap and wheeling me around everywhere he went.

"And when did the two of you get back together?" Luke asked, sitting down on the floor across from Michael, playing uno.

"Like 48 hours ago." I informed them. Calum held onto my waist tighter.

"Actually 49 hours ago babe." Calum joked.

"Dammit, I'm already such a terrible girlfriend." I laughed, knowing that our little 'lovey dovey' act was annoying the boys. But it mostly wasn't a complete act for me. I was extremely happy now because it seems like all stars are finally aligned and the universe is on my side.

"Gross." Michael gagged, as well as the others. Luke placed down his last card and yelled, "Uno!", which frustrated Michael.

"Such a loser." Ashton teased. "My turn."

No wonder Michael never played any card games with them. Either they were really good or he just sucked.

"I rather play with Chris." Michael says, helping himself up from my bedroom floor. 

"That sounds so wrong." Calum laughed, making Michael turn around and flip him off. I chuckled as Michael left my room to go my brothers room next door. I gave Calum a quick kiss before making my way to my bed, sitting on it.

This was a first time in a while that we all hung out at my house. Calum's physical therapy has showed great improvement. He was able to walk up the stairs to my room, and even though it took Ashton and I guiding him for roughly fifteen minutes, it was still better than nothing. I was glad that most of us were recovering from the accident — physically, so we can finally move on.

It's not like we will be able to ever forget it. The accident will forever be engraved in the deepest parts of our brains, and when we were all older with our own kids, we will have to tell them an unpleasant memory of our past, but for now, we can at least focus on the present, and what the future possibly has in store for us.

"We start school tomorrow." Ashton mentions, placing down a red 7 card, now only holding three cards oppose to Luke's 8. Luke swore underneath his breath, realizing he had no red cards and had to draw from the deck. I sighed, scratching my head as I looked at the plethora of school work I had on my desk. I know school's going to be a living hell — as if it wasn't already, but at least all of us were going together.

"At least I get elevator perks." Calum adds, nervously chuckles. It was his way of trying to add some humor to a serious fact. I gave a uneasy laugh back, running my fingers thru my hair.

Suddenly, the chimes of the doorbell echo through-out my house. I help myself off the bed.

"I got it." I yelled when I heard Chris' footsteps. He's been a big help since the accident, but everything was finally getting back to normal, so I was not putting so much responsibility on him.

I jolted down the stairs, skipping the last one with a little jump as I normally do. I let my hair bounce absentmindedly off my shoulder, as I opened the front door, humming a tune of a Green Day song.

The tune soon stopped, along with the flowing of blood to my heart.

"N-Nathan." I choked, my jaw slightly dropped. He stood there smiling, holding a bag of snacks and two movies in his hands. One being my favorite, The Breakfast Club.

I looked up the stairwell, to my room, seeing if the door was opened, and brought Nathan inside.

"Hey, sorry for the short notice. It's just that you haven't replied to any of my calls or texts, and I thought our date was still on."