{2}

Alex POV

After the assembly, I rushed back to my locker in a hurry. I didn't want to be late for my next class. Especially since it was one of the very few I had with Eliza.

I was about to open my locker when I noticed a note slipped in one of the openings at the. I unfolded it, and read it.

meet me in the rooftop during lunch? My friends think ur an asshole, and I want to see if it's true,

So much for a first impression. I mean, I guess I could have taken it the wrong way, seeing as it was a note, not someone actually speaking to me.

I was a bit suspicious, so I decided to bring Eliza with me.

"I'm glad you asked me to come with you. I'd be really sad if you got hurt," Said Eliza in a depressing tone.

"I wouldn't get hurt, you know. What's the worst anybody here could do?" I inquired, kissing her forehead.

"Alexander,"

"Hmm?"

"Just stay alive, that would be enough," Her voice reminded me of a melody.

"Fine mom," I remarked sarcastically.

She laughed.

We finished walking up the stairs, and opened the large double doors.

Freckles.

Freckles, with his perfect... everything.

Next to him, we're his supposed friends, a guy eating a baguette, and another eating sushi. I had seen them around before.

"Hamilton, you're here?" Freckles- the freckled man seemed confused.

"Oh you didn't think I would come, huh?"

He turned a light shade of pink at my comment.

"I-I guess... Anyway! I'm John Laurens, and this is Lafayette," he gestured towards the man, still eating a baguette.

"Bonjour, mon ami,"Laf spoke in a heavy French accent.

"And this is Hercules," He pointed towards the man eating sushi.

"Sup," Herc waved.

"I'm Alex, which you already know, and this is my girlfriend, Eliza," I explained.

She seemed to be staring intensely at Laf.

"Also, what about me being an asshole?" I grinned wide.

"You told him?!" Laf and Herc screamed in unison.

John laughed nervously. He sounded just like Freckles, and looked like him.

We began having small talk. Eliza kept rambling on about France, while Laf dazzled at how much she knew. Herc kept writing. John and I talked as soon as we had the chance, and related instantly.

"Hey, Eliza and I are going to head to my locker. I have some books I want her to check out," Laf explained.

"Cool beans," John have a thumbs up as they left.

Only a few minutes later, Herc excused himself to the restroom.

"You don't give yourself enough credit," I broke the sudden silence between us.

"W-What do you mean?" John stammered.

"You didn't think I would show up, why is that?" I spoke softly.

"I-It's nothing,"

I placed my hand on his cheek and leaned in a bit closer.

"There's a reason for everything, you know," I whispered.

He was the darkest shade of red I had ever seen.

"I-I don't really know..."

I leaned in even closer.

"Hey, we're back! Where'd Herc go?" Eliza scared us.

John suddenly jumped away from me, and stood up.

"He went to the bathroom," John answered, avoiding eye contact.

Laf seemed nervous.

"We should be heading back to class.." I said.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," John smiled weakly.

We all walked back inside, but before we split up, I felt the need to do something.

"Meet me in the drama room tomorrow for lunch?" I whispered to John.

He nodded his head, obviously flustered.